Post by praveensn23 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:10 pm

Hello Everybody,

I am new to Opencart and started exploring different features available in Opencart from past one month or so. It contains a lot of features and most of them can be customization but i am off late stuck with adding the option for Vegetables and Fruits section where people look for different weight-price info while adding to the cart.

As of now what i have done is created a option called "Pack Size" and created "250gms", "500gms", "1kgs" and "5kgs" and given a sorting order of "0", "1","2" and "4" respectively. In Products menu, for a particular vegetable product say "Onion Red", under the option included this "Pack Size" and created "Option Values". This particular product base price and weight is for say Rs15 and 500gms resp. So the options i added is of 250gms and 1kgs. The price for 250gms is -5 while for 1kgs its +10. When i view in store i see it as -

Onion Red
Product Code: FSL0001234
Availability: In Stock
₹15.00p
₹10.00p

Available Options
*Pack Size
250 gms (-₹5.00p)
1 kg (+₹10.00p)

But customer will be confused here as he doesnt get what is the exact price for 250gms or 1kgs is. He see + or - value. I wanted to display something like below-

Onion Red, 500gms
MRP ₹15.00p
₹10.00p 66% off (Inclusive of all taxes)

Available Options
Pack Size
500 gms Rs10.00p MRP: Rs15.00p 66% off
250 gms Rs5.00p MRP: Rs7.50p 66% off
1kgs Rs20.00p MRP: Rs30.00p 66% off

All the "options" are a radio button. Whichever the option the end customer selects, the details displayed in the product name should change like for example if the customer selects 250gms radio button the the product details should look like below -

Onion Red, 250gms
MRP ₹7.50p
₹5.00p 66% off (Inclusive of all taxes)

Available Options
Pack Size

I understand that i am asking for too much of customization but if anybody can guide me to available extensions or if any code changes required i can go ahead and do it.

Hoping to get a some guidance on how best we can achieve this customization.

Thanks & Regards,
Praveen

Post by developer@avi » Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:29 am

Hi
This can be created by adding price and MSRP to options
So you need to show prices only as it is and
just show differences from the selected option
To other and update info on change

Post by praveensn23 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:16 pm

Sorry for the late reply !!!
Thanks for replying @developer@avi.

I have tried various options to get that but in vain but i didnt get what exactly you meant. I was looking to customise the product price/weight details display. Below highlighted in Bold
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Onion Red, 250gms
MRP ₹7.50p
₹5.00p 66% off (Inclusive of all taxes)

Pack Size
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Also the discount should be directly be caluclated on the base price and stock deduction should happen on single entry of stock of that product whatever might be the weight selection because it is a mimic of the offline store where you buy certain quantity of say Onion and the shopkeeper weighs it, bills it and that much quantity gets deducted from the his one stock entry. The same we want to achieve in online store but giving the customer different weight options

I think i need to do some code chnages but not aware of where exactly to do the modifications exactly.

Everyone, Any idea how should this be configured and which files need to be touched to get this implemented. Any documentation/tutorials and some direction is all i require here to implement the same.

Thanks & Regards,
Praveen N

Post by cedcommerceteam » Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:04 pm

Hello Praveen,

You can show this vegetable weight : 250g, 500g, 1 kg next to vegetable name : Onion, potatoes , etc by customizing option name area,
Let the customer select weight & then on select add JS to show particular option weight, price, create 2 fields for price & special price, calculate discount % while preparing options, prepare single option with name, weight, price, special price & discount then on option select change all these fields through JS.

There is a lot of customization which you need to do but this will help you to display what exactly you are excepting.

I hope this will help you, if you need any further help, do ping us.

Thanks.

Kind Regards :

Call us at : (+91) -8765210318 , Skype: live:carlmorgan.cedcommerce , Email: support@cedcommerce.com
CedCommerece : Officail Opencart Partners
CedCommerce Official : www.cedcommerce.com
Opencart Services : www.cedcommerce/opencart-services.com
Sell On various Marketplace Integration : Opencart-Extensions
Magenative Mobile App/IOS Development : magenative.com
Webinar : Power up Your holiday season marketing with the Automation tool