Post by ihateusernames » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:25 am

Hi,
I created a new theme & have changed a few things in it so far (successfully). However, I recently changed the font & all looks ok on laptop browsers, however when I view the store on a android phone, the old fonts are still showing? I've been looking at the various bootstrap folders & see several other fonts been used in them, so maybe I need to change these as well. My reason for not going ahead is that I'm not sure if some of these (@font-face/@font-awesome/etc) are used for programming rather than as a font? I'm not sure, so thought I'd enquire first before creating any problems for myself. Thanks for any input or advice.

Post by webdesires » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:57 pm

no do not do what your thinking :laugh: fontawesome is an icon pack (packed into a font for easy use). if your font is not working on mobile it is probably either not compatible on mobile or there is some CSS somewhere that is overwriting the font just on mobile.

To get it done properly I urge you to contact a developer to go over and clean up your CSS, fonts are not something to play around with because they not only effect usability, readability etc. But they are also size heavy and cause render blocking and slow loading of web pages if you have multiple custom fonts being loaded for no reason.

We would be happy to take a look if you contact us via our website.

Regards, WebDesires.
We are a team of developers in the UK - professional and friendly, message us or give us a call anytime and we will be happy to help.

Phone: +44 (0) 121 318 6336 - Web: webdesires.co.uk - Skype: WebDesires
OpenCart Support - OpenCart Web Development - Our OpenCart Plugins

Location - West Midlands, United Kingdom

Post by ihateusernames » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:45 am

Thanks for your input.
As I mentioned I understand that some of the fontface is used as reference for code.
Thanks for offering your commercial services but I am ok slowly learning code. I really just wanted to better understand where oc had placed the relevant code for each screen size. I am slowly unraveling it in the bootstrap css files and getting results. I'm perfectly capable of doing a couple of folder back ups & then comparing the results.
If anyone has any advice it's welcomed. Thanks.

Using OC Version 3.0.3.2

Post by webdesires » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:33 pm

The only CSS file you should ever edit is your themes main CSS file, style.css.

Do not edit CSS files for any frameworks, as these may need to be updated from time to time and then you are in deep trouble... ::)

Regards, WebDesires.
We are a team of developers in the UK - professional and friendly, message us or give us a call anytime and we will be happy to help.

Post by ihateusernames » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:52 pm

Thanks,

I understand that, but unfortunately if I want my shop to look the same on different platforms & devices then I will have to edit other css files in bootstrap etc. This is due to how OC is written & due to these not been editable features in the dashboard.

I have back up copies of the files I've edited, so I should be able to cross reference things if an update comes along that is a significant improvement. Not an ideal situation, but at present the only solution I have other than trying out other eCommerce products.

I appreciate you pointing it out though, thanks.

Using OC Version 3.0.3.2

Post by webdesires » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:27 pm

??? No you do not.

Like I said you need someone who understands CSS properly, you are obviously not 100% there if you feel you need to edit anything other than the main CSS file.

Regards, WebDesires.

Post by ihateusernames » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:15 pm

Thanks, so would you like to help & let me know how to change the font across all devices using only the stylesheet.css? Thanks.

Using OC Version 3.0.3.2