Post by konradvg » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:33 pm

Hi,

I'm looking to use OpenCart for one of my vacation rentals websites - each property will be a Product, geographical areas would be Categories etc so I can see it working quite nicely out of the box.

But there are a few areas where I would like your advice:
  • I would like the property owners to be able to log in and add their property to the website, ideally from the front-end. Would I need to look at installing a Multi vendor module for this or is there an easier way? Initially adding a property will be free so there's no need for a payment at this stage but in the future I might want a module that will charge them or take recurring payments for their listing (subscription model). They would be charged per property that they list, not commission.
  • Is there a way to add a location to each property (product) and show them on a map? It would be even better if the user could switch between map view and grid view to display the properties (products).
  • Send enquiry - I would like to add an Enquiry tab with each product with an email form that emails an enquiry to the email address of the property owner, any suggestions on this?
Does anyone know of any other vacation rental sites that use OpenCart? It would be nice to have a look at how they've done things. Thanks for your time in reading this, I appreciate your thoughts and comments.

Konrad

Post by straightlight » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:14 pm

You'd probably need to create a new service request in the Commercial Support section of the forum to get these tasks done as a custom job.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com contractor officials representative

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Elevate » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:50 am

I am not sure that you can do this 'out of the box' but Opencart is all open source so it can be customized to fit these requirements. We've done similar things with other businesses and could likely help out if you want to contact us through our website.

ELEV8TE Website Development
https://www.elev8your.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA

Post by cedcommerceteam » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:13 pm

Hello konrad,

All 3 points which you have mentioned is possible, as all these are custom work so all you need is either hire a developer or consult a E-commerce company who can prepare a module according to your requirement.

Haven't heard about "vacation rental sites".

You can contact us in personal, if you want a module of your requirement.

Thanks & Regards :

Call us at : (+91) -8765210318 , Skype: live:carlmorgan.cedcommerce , Email: support@cedcommerce.com

Post by konradvg » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:33 pm

Thanks everyone for your feedback - much appreciated!

Konrad