Post by psytanium » Wed May 15, 2019 3:05 am

Hello,

What is the bet practice to apply when you install lots of extensions and you start to face conflicts between extensions ?

I'm new to Opencart but I have knowledge in other eCommerce platform, I was thinking if it's a good idea to use the cached files as the core files, then uninstall all extensions, later when you want to add new extension, you do it manually by the method (Find and replace).

What do you think ?
I know you will lose the possibility to easily upgrade Opencart.

Post by straightlight » Wed May 15, 2019 3:51 am

What is the bet practice to apply when you install lots of extensions and you start to face conflicts between extensions ?
I have reviewed this with Daniel on Github recently to be able to develop extensions by developers tags rather than starting by the extension name to avoid the conflicts in the future. I can't really provide much information about it since the upcoming OC version has not yet been released in order for me to provide an example until the release being downloadable officially.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by psytanium » Wed May 15, 2019 2:15 pm

Do you think the solution I proposed is possible ?

1- Use the cached files as core files (overwriting)
2- Uninstall all extensions
3 - Install new extensions as the xml files work, find and replace

is it possible ? and what are the negative side effects of this procedure ? other than hard work upgrading Opencart new releases.

Thank you

Post by straightlight » Wed May 15, 2019 7:05 pm

is it possible ? and what are the negative side effects of this procedure ? other than hard work upgrading Opencart new releases.
Using XML files can still create conflicts between distributions. Which is why, dynamic objects regrouped by developers names / hash codes is the future. Besides, GitHub has been doing it for many years and we hardly hear people complain about conflicts in general.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by psytanium » Wed May 15, 2019 7:43 pm

What I'm saying is, overwrite the core files in catalog and admin, with the cache files in system. Then remove any cmod and vqmod xml files and clear the system.
Is it possible somehow ?