Post by sander23 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:51 pm

Hey there,

Is it perhaps possible to somehow set a different sort order for products in every category separately? So when a visitor clicks on some category, I could decide which products appear first in the product grid, based on the importance of some products for that specific category??

Is there an extension or some other way I would be able to do that?

Thank you soo much for any input.
Much love
Sander

Post by D3MO » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:19 pm

By default you can set order how sort product in all categories, if you want to sort the same product assigned in 2 or more categories diferrent then you need an extra module with category sort rules. PM if you need it to be done or email

Opencart Expert | voldemaras@gmail.com
Skype - programanija | Gtalk - voldemaras@gmail.com
Extensions for Opencart @ https://www.opencartextensions.eu / or Opencart Marketplace

Need Custom Module? debug third party module or simply have any question related to Opencart? feel free to contact directly for a live chat session:) - INSTANT LIVE CHAT

Post by head_dunce » Thu May 02, 2019 9:30 am

Although this is the wrong board for this question, I had the same problem. I'm new here, so haven't got my head completely around the event triggers to install this code on the fly, but take a look here viewtopic.php?f=199&t=211255

Jim
https://www.carguygarage.com
Yahoo Store since 2006 moved to OpenCart on January 24, 2020

Post by windows95 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:37 am

I used this module on my store running on version 2.2.0.0 and PHP 7.4.23 and it works beautifully

https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... 751&page=8

After installing in order for it to work, you must set the native sort order to zero to all products

You can do it 1 by 1 if you don't have SQL access but if you and know what you're doing, you can backup your database and then execute this query in MySQL: UPDATE *DB PREFIX *_product SET sort_order = '0';

**Note, I also exported all the product table to an excel file in case I ever want to restore the native sort order

Once in the module via admin panel, MODULES>PRODUCT SORT ORDERS, you select the category you want to edit from the dropdown list and get all the products assigned to that category. You then use the drag and drop feature (jquery) or manually enter the sort order in the input fields and save. Once you click save, it will store the product ID, category ID, and sort order in a new table the modification creates on the database - *DB PREFIX *_product_to_category_order

So now when the category.php controller that asks for the products query, the model will run a modified query (part of the ocmod/vqmod.xml file) that selects the product order from the new *DB PREFIX *_product_to_category_order table rather than by the default method (the sort_order field in the *DB PREFIX *_product table)