Post by Imo_co » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:11 pm

Hi

First time looking for opencart and it seems very interesting.

(My perspective is to download, modify and sell to my customers if possible)

I have two questions, please:

1. Is it acceptable to remove all opencart logos, footers, references, etc from font and back ends?

2. Is it possible to see for each product the number of items already ordered, avoiding to open the cart to see that info?

Thanks a lot

Imo

Post by straightlight » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:41 am

1. Is it acceptable to remove all opencart logos, footers, references, etc from font and back ends?
Definitely acceptable but not suggested for testing purposes whenever a feature may not work properly on a custom theme since it is already highly suggested to use a custom theme so not to affect your upgrades (or less as possible).
2. Is it possible to see for each product the number of items already ordered, avoiding to open the cart to see that info?
The order reports can be seen from the admin-end section of the platform. However, if the question is about viewing those orders from outside Opencart, it is still possible but you'd need to program your own API to access the database or to download an extension from the marketplace if this extension has been published already.

One example by using the API for the database: viewtopic.php?f=128&t=172429&p=690535&h ... rt#p690535

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming.

Regards,
Straightlight

Guru Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Imo_co » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:45 am

Definitely acceptable but not suggested for testing purposes whenever a feature may not work properly on a custom theme since it is already highly suggested to use a custom theme so not to affect your upgrades (or less as possible).

I mean, using the default template but remove all reference to opencart (logo, footers, etc) in order to use my logo and my name on footers (by modifying the source code). Does licence alows this?

The order reports can be seen from the admin-end section of the platform. However, if the question is about viewing those orders from outside Opencart, it is still possible but you'd need to program your own API to access the database or to download an extension from the marketplace if this extension has been published already.

No. Imagine that I am a shopper. when I add a product to cart (e.g. 2 units) then some moments later if I am cnsused about how much units I had choosed I have to list cart to find out that number on units. Why not showing in each product the ampunt the shopper already ordered and show that amount per product (usually using also 2 buttons for increase and decrease amount, directly in the product)

Thanks a lot

Post by straightlight » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:54 am

I mean, using the default template but remove all reference to opencart (logo, footers, etc) in order to use my logo and my name on footers (by modifying the source code). Does licence alows this?
There are no limitations to these. Although, again, not suggested to do it for comparison purposes.
No. Imagine that I am a shopper. when I add a product to cart (e.g. 2 units) then some moments later if I am cnsused about how much units I had choosed I have to list cart to find out that number on units. Why not showing in each product the ampunt the shopper already ordered and show that amount per product (usually using also 2 buttons for increase and decrease amount, directly in the product)
The default functionality of Opencart is by using admin reports in order to see the already purchased products or by viewing the order directly from the admin-end. If you'd like other functionalities opposed to this, you can always submit a request in the Feature Requests section of the forum or look in the Marketplace of the site. In addition, you can also create a new topic in the Commercial Support section of the forum if you'd like this task to be done as a custom job.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming.

Regards,
Straightlight

Guru Member

Location - Canada, ON