Post by jooy123 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:02 am

I wonder if OC Marketplace user realize how much money they lose, by requiring to "submit ID" to buy a USD 20 Software? I mean, really, I don't want to open a bank account, get a loan or life insurance. I want to buy a f. piece of software. And I want it immediately after payment.
Also, it is misleading to give the impression to being able to buy software (plug-ins). Since it requires "proof of ID", not matter what payment method used, you can't immediately work with the software but have to wait for hours, possible days. I mean, you are not selling a complete SAP system but 20 Dollar plug ins. And it was always my dream to send a scanned ID or mine to a random company in HongKong.

I mean if you are so insane, take at least Bitcoins and offer download immediately. So, going to dispute my payment now and not submitting an ID.

Post by thekrotek » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:24 am

Proof of ID is required for certain customers only and it's absolutely normal. Mostly it's required for China, Russia and some other countries, as far as I understand.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by Burt65 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:55 am

jooy123 wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:02 am
I wonder if OC Marketplace user realize how much money they lose, by requiring to "submit ID" to buy a USD 20 Software? I mean, really, I don't want to open a bank account, get a loan or life insurance. I want to buy a f. piece of software. And I want it immediately after payment.
Also, it is misleading to give the impression to being able to buy software (plug-ins). Since it requires "proof of ID", not matter what payment method used, you can't immediately work with the software but have to wait for hours, possible days. I mean, you are not selling a complete SAP system but 20 Dollar plug ins. And it was always my dream to send a scanned ID or mine to a random company in HongKong.

I mean if you are so insane, take at least Bitcoins and offer download immediately. So, going to dispute my payment now and not submitting an ID.
I agree with you on your statement, but you are failing to see the other side of the coin. There are a lot of user that come in here buy an extension and then try to sell it again elsewhere on the Internet...
For some reason, one or some of your details have trigger the buyer alert in Opencart. They are just asking for a proof of ID to protect the developers income... The price of the extension has nothing to do with it. It could have been a $100.00 dollar extension, and it would be the same.

You have a choice now, to understand and support if you wish the developers on this site, or just refuse your ID and move on...
Once your ID has been confirm, you can then download extensions instantly after your payment has been approved...
Sure there are better system available, and I'm sure that customer will not longer required proof od ID once these new system are in place

All these arguments could be avoided if the Team could be bother to let people know before they buy that there are security check in place!

Finally please disregard thekrotec comment above. It is NOT normal, it shouldn't happen and it is NOT setup for China or Russia mainly...

Over 95% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair...

Location - Oz

Post by IP_CAM » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:05 am

It is NOT normal, it shouldn't happen and it is NOT setup for China or Russia mainly...

Sure not, a lot of bad People exist outside China and Russia as well ! :laugh:
hey Burt anyway!
Sorry, but I like Putin, as one of the last shiny samples of, what Man once used to be...
---
But, strictly basically, Overall, it would probably have been easier, to OC-check every
Paid Extension, before it was going to be released, by Use of a Default OC Setup. And then,
after the Extension would have been 'certified' this way, for Customers, if could no longer be possible, to
ask for Refunds, if the Mod does not work as expected, since it heavy depends on Themes and
other Extensions, if an Extension will function, or not.

But OC did not do it this way, and as a consequence of this, frequently, time, work, and anger is the
logical result, and this for everybody involved. Because for the Crooks, it's easy to aquire extensions,
then, claim, that they would not work, to get the money back.

But they still had their (paid) extensions, and some of them even started a business, by then offering
such Mod's, partly to discounted prices, partly for free, or then on a monthly 'Member Fee' Bases, on
the web again.

But, to be honest, I always wondered, that this System even worked, as it did, for quite some time already.
But it's sure not a satisfatory Solution, neither for Sellers, nor for OC, and sure not for PayPal e.t.c.,
and the Buyer-ID-Check is just another (timewasting) attempt, trying to get the problem a little more
under Control.

It's sure not an ultimate Solution, but moving to Bitcoin Payments would probably not be much better,
because, who would be able to calculate a 20 US-bucks payment into a correct Bitcoin amount, without
using a calculator ?! Or then, re-calculate a Bitcoin Value into an equivalent currency amount ? :choke:
This, by use of Values like 0.0xxxxx, and fully unaware of, how high or low 1 Bitcoin
tomorrow may be ?!

In addition, the Bitcoin Scene is THE Number One Scene of+for Crooks, and
such can make it harder, to play the Role of a 'honenst' Business, in the first place,
if such 'Options' exist. :D
---
Not far from Now, Oc will probably somehow 'follow' Microsoft, with the help of IsenseLabs & Co.,
and create new ways of implementing Extensions, like getting a valid key from the OC- or Seller-Site,
like in Isenslabs Mods. So, Extensions could be made and/or kept active, if a frequently 'checked'
OC Default 'confirmed' ownership exists. They can be downloaded/installed already in OC-3, as I have
been reading, so, the next logical step will sure follow...
And it does not even matter, if/when such Mod's exist on Darkweb Download Sites, they cannot be
used without a valid Cod, just like that... ;)

It could at least be a way, to make the whole thing a little more 'secure' and more 'human' too, for all parties
involved, investing their time, brain, and money, to allow Users, to make their Moneymaker Software work best.
Still, when it comes to Hackers and Thiefs, if there's a will, there will be ways... :laugh:
---
But the only real Problem is the lack of Manpower.
She looks like a woman, act's like a woman, talks like a woman, but walks like a tired old man .... 8)
Just to add a piece of Swiss Cheese ;)
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by Burt65 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:08 pm

Hey Bernie... ;)

The current OC system would work and could survive but only in a perfect world.

The point is that sometime this current OC setup does pick on an honest customer that has no idea of why is asked to send an ID overseas to someone email address. We do know why, but they don't. No one told them. That's why I agree with the customer frustration in not knowing what is happening and why.

Jooy123 is also 100% correct in stating the fact that there are lost sales because of how this system is implemented and slapped on the customer face only after a payment is made.

I sincerely hope that once OC has made the full move, a better check system will be in place to benefit both customers and developers!
As it stand, there are no winner...

Finally as this is a serious matter, involving legal disputes, it would be best if we don't pick on specific countries or ethnics group as it just add fuel to the fire...
We also have a specific area where fraud are reported: viewforum.php?f=192

Over 95% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair...

Location - Oz