Post by Qphoria » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:55 am

UPDATE!
- New version adds updated vqmod_opencart.xml file that adds support for the new Twig template system to allow editing .twig files.
- Backwards compatible with all OpenCart versions as far back as v1.4.x so feel free to upgrade at anytime.
- Added fix for case insensitivity
- Fixed <ignoreif> to all being on multiple lines again
DOWNLOAD

To update, just download the latest and upload the new vqmod.php and xml/vqmod_opencart.xml to your vqmod folder. Overwrite the existing.

Administrator

Post by Johnathan » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:51 am

Thanks as always.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:53 am

Updated to 2.6.3 as there was one more change needed for vqmodding twig files that were already ocmodded.

Administrator

Post by Micas » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:15 pm

Hi, Please can anyone tell me if this release of vQmod is combatable with Opencart 3.0.2.0

Post by Johnathan » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:19 pm

Yes, it works fine.

Administrator

Post by IP_CAM » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:07 pm

Well, in contrary to OcMod, which places a Copy of the OcMod File Content
in the Database, and then removes the OcMod File from the Server, to 'serve' as Original,
JNeuhoff's integrated VqMod directly add's it's Modification into the
system/whatever/modification/ ... - placed OcMod-cached Files.
And in the Admin Modification Section, the VqMod's will be shown., and by pressing the
CACHE CLEAR / RELOAD Buttons, VqMod will also rebuild the newly created OcMod Cached
Files again, where ever VqMod add's/changes/whetever with it's own Content into one or
more OcMod Cached Files in charge.

But if an Error shows up, created by a faulty VqMod, it might NOT show up in the OCMod Log,
but possibly create a Pageload Error, as I found out, after finding an Error Info in the Top Header
Section. By refreshing the Page, the place broke down. And this, just because I had an empty
whitespace tab section, before <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> in the
last uploaded Vqmod.
I also added NO Title and other HEADER Data to the VqMod installed, and this makes it easy to
find out, which VqMod does not function, if one ever run's into a similar Problem.

I never tested, if regular VqMod, or then OcMod, would create such an error, but I don't think so,
and I don't know, since I usually always start with SUCH Code Lines at the beginning of a Line.

I just figured, to play around a little, since I just installed a Clerkscart v.2.2.7 for a specific Test,
and I hope, it helps a little ...
Ernie
---
---
---

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by Qphoria » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:25 am

So I've installed the latest 3.0.3.1 release version now and trying with the latest existing release of vQmod (2.6.2). So far it works fine for me.
- Edit admin controllers... check
- Edit admin twig files... check
- Edit library files... check
- Edit engine files... check
- Edit catalog controllers... check
- Edit catalog twigs... check
- Edit ocmodded admin controllers... check
- Edit ocmodded admin twigs... check
- Edit ocmodded catalog controllers... check
- Edit ocmodded catalog twigs... check

I've installed some of my mods that have a lot of vqmod changes and they seem to work perfectly fine.

What is the problem people are seeing? Can you send me an xml script that isn't working.

Administrator

Post by Johnathan » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:00 am

I just tested this out, and I think it was my vQmod installation and directory permissions. I just ran some tests a few minutes ago and it definitely was still not working --- nothing was writing to /vqmod/vqcache/, even though it was installed properly. Then I redownloaded version 2.6.3 and uploaded those files, and it started working. The files themselves were the same, and I didn't even re-run the auto-installer, so my guess is that my local copy had permission issues with the directories, which were fixed when reuploading it. Not sure, though.

In any case, it does seem to be working now. Sorry for the false report --- I've done the same thing of copying my local 2.6.3 version to installations lots of time before and it's never had this issue, so it may have been some other issue that got fixed when reuploading the files. I'll be sure to try re-installing it again in the future if it happens in any future installation I set up.

(Note: version 2.6.3 still says 2.6.2 when you download it, just so you know.)

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:27 am

Johnathan wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:00 am
(Note: version 2.6.3 still says 2.6.2 when you download it, just so you know.)
This is intentional.. sorta... Since we have an opencart version and a standalone version... the opencart "vqmod_opencart.xml" script was actually updated after the code. So I bumped the script to 2.6.3 while the code is the version from 2.6.2.... we didn't really version it all that well I guess and I tried to do it this way, but I think it just confuses things. From now on we'll keep it all in sync.

Administrator