Post by sachin447 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:25 pm

Hi,

I just want to know, can opencart handle 100 Million+ Users or not ? In my website, I think, there will be more than 100million+ registered customers with daily 10 Million simultaneous connections so it can be handles by opencart ? Also the database size, I will use phpMyAdmin MySQL, it can handle large database of 500GB or more or not ?

Please guide.

Thanks.

Post by thekrotek » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:01 pm

Wow! You must be a Facebook or Amazon owner!

Let's clarify something: are you talking about users OR customers? These are two different things and I'm kinda wondering, how can one have 100 Million + users. And most importantly why :-)

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by MrPhil » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:32 pm

sachin447 wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:25 pm
I just want to know, can opencart handle 100 Million+ Users or not ? In my website, I think, there will be more than 100million+ registered customers with daily 10 Million simultaneous connections so it can be handles by opencart ? Also the database size, I will use phpMyAdmin MySQL, it can handle large database of 500GB or more or not ?
You sound quite optimistic about how large your store will grow! I don't think there's anything in OC that presents hard limits, except for integer sizes (2+ billion customer IDs, sales transactions, etc.). I would be more concerned first about your site capacity (you're talking an entire data center here, not an account on a shared server!). I doubt that MySQL (that's the name of the database) will succeed in handling this volume of data and transactions, and will bog down severely at this scale (if it runs at all). I think it's not recommended for DBs over 1GB or so. For that size, you're talking Oracle or DB2 on mainframes, and I don't think OC will run there.

Start with more realistic expectations. Start with OC on a shared server, and migrate to bigger systems as you outgrow your system. Eventually you will have to leave OC and play with the grownups (probably an expensive custom-written store on a large data center). You should be able to take your data with you at each stage. Bring in some experts when you grow large, to guide you.

Post by Burt65 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:56 am

sachin447 wrote:
Hi,

Please guide.

Thanks.
Do you have a link to your website?

Over 95% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair...

Location - Oz

Post by victorj » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:05 am

I think the right question is can my server park handle that amount of traffic.
even google would go down with that amount off traffic, amd they own a pretty serious serverpark around the world.
limits are set by server resources
mysql on myisam table has a database limit of 256 TB

Koeltechnische deurrubbers eenvoudig online op maat bestellen.
Alle niet stekplichtige onderdelen zoals scharnieren, sloten, randverwarming en verlichting voor alle typen koelingen en vriezers.
https://koelcel-onderdelen.com

Koeltechnische deurrubbers eenvoudig online op maat bestellen.
Eigen productie en snelle levering.
https://123-deurrubbers.com

Expert Member

Location - Alkmaar Holland

Post by sculptex » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:38 pm

sachin447 wrote:
Hi,

Please guide.

Thanks.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Not even theoretically!
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

But to humour you for one more moment, the restrictions that do come in (with 100s of simultaneous connections - not 10,000,000) are server related and not specific to Opencart.

Ask a more realistic question and you might get more useful answers!

ImageImage

Location - UK

Post by MrPhil » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:56 pm

This thread was obviously a troll, or else the OP is incredibly naive. Either way, it's not worth pursuing any further.