Post by nexxterra » Tue May 23, 2017 11:19 pm

There is a lot of foreign languages creeping into the marketplace, both extensions and comments seem to be effected.
We need one common thread to communicate effectively, there are some opencart mods that I cant tell what they do due to no english on the mod page... google translate embedded into the page may also be an answer.

Post by frank79 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:56 am

Hello everyone,
about the rating system, I am not sure if a decimal value like 4.6 is rounded to 4 or 5 stars. It would be nice to display the decimal value near the stars, and maybe to use also half stars for ratings like 4.5.

Our new Opencart Extension:
AI Assistant - automatic product and category text generator

Post by OpenCart Addons » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:46 pm

frank79 wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:56 am
Hello everyone,
about the rating system, I am not sure if a decimal value like 4.6 is rounded to 4 or 5 stars. It would be nice to display the decimal value near the stars, and maybe to use also half stars for ratings like 4.5.
Half star ratings are planned. Currently ratings are rounded using PHP round(), so 4.5 rounds up and 4.49 rounds down.

Cheers,
Joel.

Canada's Leading Expert In OpenCart Development & Certified OpenCart Development Partner Image

Location - Canada

Post by OCdevWizard » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:05 pm

Hi
Counting the number of purchases still does not work correctly.

OCdevWizard - OpenCart extensions and modules.

Location - Eastern Europe

Post by OpenCart Addons » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:46 pm

OCdevWizard wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:05 pm
Hi
Correct, which is why it's still listed as a deficiency. With OpenCart v3.0 officially released I'm hoping to start working with Daniel on updating the marketplace.

Regards,
Joel.

Canada's Leading Expert In OpenCart Development & Certified OpenCart Development Partner Image

Location - Canada

Post by OCdevWizard » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:49 pm

OpenCart Addons wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:46 pm
OCdevWizard wrote:
Hi
Correct, which is why it's still listed as a deficiency. With OpenCart v3.0 officially released I'm hoping to start working with Daniel on updating the marketplace.

Regards,
Joel.
Ohhh.
Thanks bro.

Post by zengrafic » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:22 pm

Reviews (not rating) aren't showing up, who cares? Thanks?

Location - Earth

Post by thekrotek » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:28 pm

zengrafic wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:22 pm
Reviews are completely fked up right now, so if they're not displayed, I'm actually glad.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by OpenCart Addons » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:01 am

zengrafic wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:22 pm
The section "What customers say about {extension}" pulls from the last 2 reviews made on your product. If the last 2 reviews had no comment, then this section appears blank.

I'm pushing to have this changed so that it displays the last 2 reviews with comments so there's always a comment shown. Couple this with the idea of developers being able to officially reply to reviews will be nice.

Regards,
Joel.

Location - Canada

Post by zengrafic » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:05 am

OpenCart Addons wrote:
OCdevWizard wrote:
Hi

Regards,
Joel.
The selled extensions counter is still not working. Too hard to re-enable it? Thanks.

Location - Earth

Post by OpenCart Addons » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:17 am

zengrafic wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:05 am
OpenCart Addons wrote:
OCdevWizard wrote:
Hi

Regards,
Joel.
The selled extensions counter is still not working. Too hard to re-enable it? Thanks.
It's on the list of items to be fixed.

Location - Canada

Post by tonkp » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:51 pm

Post by somjai007 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:40 am

Reviews (not rating) not shown?
Request more information.

gclub ผ่านเว็บ

Post by tonkp » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:11 am

Thanks for the good information.

sbobet

Post by JWire » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:32 am

What's the ETA to get these features added/bugs fixed, 5 years ??? Progress has been pretty slow these last year or so and communication has been non-existent. I feel OpenCart has moved forward too soon with v3.0.

Post by thekrotek » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:08 am

JWire wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:32 am
What's the ETA to get these features added/bugs fixed, 5 years ???
Unfortunately, your guess is right. Almost nothing was fixed recently, almost everything is still broken.
JWire wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:32 am
I feel OpenCart has moved forward too soon with v3.0
In my opinion, OC 3.0 shouldn't even exist. It's the same as 2.0, but completely broken, has stupid Twig, which nobody likes, besides the main developer, and basically pulls OC project down like an anchor. It should be put to the ground and forgotten as soon as possible.

Expert Member

Post by CybaGirl » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:57 pm

Dear Support and other Developers involved in making Open Cart even better.

Please note I am a long time user and have spent considerable amounts of money over the years on Open Cart and extensions and my intention is not to upset anyone but instead offer constructive criticism in the event of making Open Cart even better. Although I have never posted on the forums until now as I truly believe there is a major problem that needs correcting.

There also seems to be another problem with the Market Place that I don't think developers are aware of?

I have sent a support ticket about this issue a few days ago but haven't received a reply yet.

What I have noticed is that if the support period is tied into the ability to download the product then when a newer or updated version is released after the support period ends you cannot download the newer version. I have spoken to a few developers about this and they all agree this is a problem and a problem they were not aware of. Well the ones I have spoken to so far.

Case in point in my opinion I think that all extensions that are updated or new versions added from the date of purchase should be able to be downloaded for at least twelve months like all the other eCommerce platforms allow. Your current system does not allow this. Because what I have found is if the support period is for only one month then any new versions that get released cannot be downloaded as the download button is ghosted. Meaning you cannot download the latest version.

In my opinion there should be two options for the developer. One is for support I agree generally speaking this can be for a short period of time and in the developers account they can set this time frame to whatever they want.

But there should be another section that allows the developer to set a time frame in which all versions and updates can be downloaded for example twelve months. After this period has expired and if the developer wants to they can stop the downloading of any new versions of their extensions. For example version 4.x.x.x of Open Cart. But all previous releases and bug fixes should be allowed to be downloaded for an infinite time in case of loss of files due to hard drive failure which has happened to me (and no I had no backup).

My point in question and something that has recently made me very wary and upset about buying on the Market Place these days is the fact that back in March of this year I purchased an extension for $150.00 USD which equated to over $200.00 AUD (my currency). The support period for this extension was for only six months and a few weeks possibly a month or so ago I noticed version 3.0.0.0, 3.0.1.1, 3.0.1.2, 3.0.2.0 of this extension was available for download. I have no idea when it was released though as I don't always check the downloads in my account. Now the thing is I cannot download this version because the download button is ghosted. This is what I wrote to support about as I don't think is very fair to me or for me to have to charge my client in having to purchase another license just to be able to download version 3.x.x.x of this extension especially when it was only purchased this year. What am I to say to them? Sorry no use upgrading to the latest version of Open Cart because you will have to buy this extension again for over $200.00? This is not a very good business practice and it's also a reflection on me and the way in which I run my business. I find this offensive and nothing more than a greedy grab for money if this is truly what is going on.

Of course I wrote to the developer in question and unlike all the other developers that responded to me not knowing if this issue they have all sent me updated versions unlike this fellow in which it fell on deaf ears. Hence my reaching out to support to fix this problem. But again I have not heard back from support about this issue and if they intend on fixing it or not.

As I said all developers I have spoken to so far said they had no idea about this and agree that the system is broken and it needs to be fixed. I was hoping I didn't have to write this post and that someone would get back to me. But no one has at this point in time.

Furthermore what I would like to say is and what these developers don't seem to realise is for all the years I have been developing eCommerce sites strictly using Open Cart and spending considerable amounts of money in the market place on extensions is that. If a developer is going to treat me like this then I will never ever buy another one of their extensions again and their name will be added to my growing list of bad developers selling on the market place here who don't offer support when it's needed and choose to ignore emails such as the one I sent to this developer recently requesting version 3.x.x.x of the extension. Because at the end of the day I don't think they realise they are loosing sales as I will not purchase another license or anything from them ever again. I don't think I am being unreasonable or asking too much considering the amount of money involved and the short period of time in which I was able to download the extension. I mean wouldn't it make better sense to make keep me happy which in turn would keep me as loyal customer over loosing me to someone else?

So this is why prior to purchasing any extension on the Open Cart Market place these days I look at the support period and if the support period is less than twelve months and it's someone I haven't purchased from in the past who has always looked after me then I find another developer to purchase from as this is going to be a constant problem until this issue is resolved and if it means I have to shop outside of the Market Place then I am sorry I will have to do this as you are not leaving me any choice.

Don't get me wrong I love Open Cart and I believe it's the best eCommerce platform out there so please take this as constructive criticism. But I too have a business to run and I too need to make a living from what I do so I can put food on the table and clothes on my back. But I can't very well do this if I have to keep buying extensions over and over again every time a new version is released especially when they are expensive

I have other ideas and I have actually helped other developers with the system that they use on their own websites in which they sell their extensions. But I don't want to make this a full page essay and I would be happy to speak to anyone about this as I only want what is best for both the consumer and the developer and for it to be fair for everyone so that we all can support and make Open Cart even better.

Thank you for reading this post.

Kind regards,
Erica

Location - Queensland, Australia

Post by thekrotek » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:23 pm

CybaGirl wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:57 pm
Case in point in my opinion I think that all extensions that are updated or new versions added from the date of purchase should be able to be downloaded for at least twelve months like all the other eCommerce platforms allow. Your current system does not allow this. Because what I have found is if the support period is for only one month then any new versions that get released cannot be downloaded as the download button is ghosted. Meaning you cannot download the latest version.

In my opinion there should be two options for the developer. One is for support I agree generally speaking this can be for a short period of time and in the developers account they can set this time frame to whatever they want.

But there should be another section that allows the developer to set a time frame in which all versions and updates can be downloaded for example twelve months. After this period has expired and if the developer wants to they can stop the downloading of any new versions of their extensions. For example version 4.x.x.x of Open Cart. But all previous releases and bug fixes should be allowed to be downloaded for an infinite time in case of loss of files due to hard drive failure which has happened to me (and no I had no backup).
No, no, no and no. When license expires, you loose access to downloads and this is absolutely normal. Consider this as some kind of subscription. This is YOU, who should worry about creating backups of all downloaded extensions. YOU should consider downloading and saving somewhere the latest version of the extension, when your license close to expire. Please, don't try to put this on someone's shoulders, this is YOUR duty. Most software development companies have exactly the same scheme of licensing and you completely loose access to downloads, when license expires.
CybaGirl wrote:
So this is why prior to purchasing any extension on the Open Cart Market place these days I look at the support period and if the support period is less than twelve months and it's someone I haven't purchased from in the past who has always looked after me then I find another developer to purchase from as this is going to be a constant problem until this issue is resolved and if it means I have to shop outside of the Market Place then I am sorry I will have to do this as you are not leaving me any choice.
Again, wrong. 12 months support period is 2 times 6 months support period. You should consider PRICE of the extension, not support period. If one extension costs 50 bucks with 12 months of support and another one costs 20 bucks with 6 months of support, the latter is 10 bucks cheaper with the same support period.

Expert Member

Post by OCdevWizard » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:30 pm

thekrotek wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:23 pm
CybaGirl wrote:

No, no, no and no. When license expires, you loose access to downloads and this is absolutely normal. Consider this as some kind of subscription. This is YOU, who should worry about creating backups of all downloaded extensions. YOU should consider downloading and saving somewhere the latest version of the extension, when your license close to expire. Please, don't try to put this on someone's shoulders, this is YOUR duty. Most software development companies have exactly the same scheme of licensing and you completely loose access to downloads, when license expires.
CybaGirl wrote:
Again, wrong. 12 months support period is 2 times 6 months support period. You should consider PRICE of the extension, not support period. If one extension costs 50 bucks with 12 months of support and another one costs 20 bucks with 6 months of support, the latter is 10 bucks cheaper with the same support period.
I fully agree with thekrotek.

Post by CybaGirl » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:55 pm

Hello TheKrotek and thank you for taking the time to reply to my post. I have also brought of you in the past :).

thekrotek wrote:

Point taken and yes I should have had backups. But this happened a while back so I was able to re-download all my previous purchases under the old system. This was my point. In regards to the license expiring wouldn't it make sense to email the customer and let them know that the license is about to expire and perhaps even offer them a discount on renewal as many other developers do when you buy from their website? That way I could be notified of any potential updates I may have missed before my license expires.
thekrotek wrote:
Sorry but your logic in thinking like this may be alright when there is a wide range of extensions to chose from but in my case you are so very wrong. Simply because without naming the developer in question and the extension there was only one choice in regards to this particular extension. So please tell me how I could have chosen another extension that worked out cheaper with your way of thinking and did the same thing? Perhaps this developer needs some competition?

None the less I am just bringing this to the attention of everyone and all the developers I have spoken to so far agree with me and have taken steps to look after their customers and implement changes rather than seeing them as a cash cow and as I said before until this is fixed I will never make such an expensive purchase like this again on such a short support time as it's too expensive to get caught like this. Furthermore and in hindsight if I had known this is how it was going to be I would never have brought it in the first place. So perhaps if this is how things are going to be then customers should be notified of this practice and the terms of sale be mentioned on the actual extension page. Hence why I said previously I am now more careful with my purchases and if that means I don't purchase something because of poor support times being linked to the downloads then so be it. So who are the real losers here? I think you need to think about this? As I am sure I am not the only one who has already been stung like this and again I don't believe I am being unreasonable about this particular incident.Perhaps you can spend $200.00 or more on an extension every six months just to get an update but I can't. Furthermore what about bug fixes that have been found by other customers and not yourself? Do you believe that we should have to pay more money to get the fixed version after the support period is over even though the bug was part of the original purchase? I hope you don't think like this nor do you think this is acceptable?

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Erica

Location - Queensland, Australia