Post by artcore » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:06 pm

@Burt65:
What options do we have? They are aware of the issues but not capable of fixing it?
I haven't sold a single copy after the update-asteroid wiped out all sales figures and comments/feedback, leaving devs without their trust staples. Not to mention the messy descriptions and images that don't pop up anymore. Sounds like an easy fix to me.
I've been setting up at third party markets over the past days...

Attn: I no longer provide OpenCart extensions, nor future support - this includes forum posts.
Reason: OpenCart version 3+ ;D

Thanks!

Location - The Netherlands

Post by Burt65 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:13 pm

artcore wrote:@Burt65:

I've been setting up at third party markets over the past days...
Well, that's one option...

I though you guys have contracts with agreed remunerations and responsibilities ?

Surely the contract works both way....

Over 95% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair...

Location - Oz

Post by ovi » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:23 pm

OpenCart Addons wrote:I've updated the bug list with some new fixes as well as some new reported issues.

There are still some very serious issues outstanding.
A couple more:

Account > Manage Your Extensions
* "Downloads" column is missing
* Columns (Extension Name, Date Added, ...) are not sortable

PS: How come extensions which weren't updated since Opencart 1.4.7 (with 0 or 1 review) are the most "popular" extensions in the marketplace?

ovi

Post by PSMDanny » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:46 am

People are now asking for support and the support mails are going through Opencart. The missing thing is, is that in the support question nothing is mentioned about what extension the support question is. I now have to ask each time what extension they have questions about and that is a huge delay in providing answers and solutions. So my suggestion is:

put the name of the extension as well in the body of the email but also in the subject .

Best Regards,
Danny

Post by dmsims » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:02 am

I clicked on quite a few sites in the Showcase and got:

Firefox can’t find the server at http.

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:29 am

For a start, please discard Disqus, and use a proper blog software, and restore the old comments feature! Disqus can't even send simple verification emails upon signup. Nor can you use your own Opencart account for responding to comments.

As regards extensions: The BBcode editor has so many bugs, it's almost useless. Simple line breaks or paragraphs, or nested bulleted lists don't work.

And on the Opencart forum itself: The signature is always forced to be center-aligned, why can't it be left-aligned?

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by ashwani_multi » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:34 pm

when we can see sales on module page ??
its help us get sale right now customer keep asking is your module new?

Opencart Quick checkout
View All modules
Any opencart issue contact me at support@opencartextensions.in

Thank you

Location - Ludhiana,Punjab,India

Post by dennisbuijs » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:14 pm

OpenCart Addons wrote:I've gone through and updated the bugs list. Let me know if there's anything I missed.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=170219&p=645549#p645549
I am also missing the documentation part/tab on the extension page!

Post by Burt65 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:36 pm

JNeuhoff wrote:For a start, please discard Disqus, and use a proper blog software, and restore the old comments feature! Disqus can't even send simple verification emails upon signup. Nor can you use your own Opencart account for responding to comments.
Disqus is just a marketing company that collect and sell your email and pays website to allow to advertise on them. It is all black and white in their Term of Service and Privacy Policy

Is not difference, from giving your email at the supermarket checkout and agree to receive tons of junk mail every day!

Look at how many comments people have left in 7 days... Not so good... :choke:

Over 95% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair...

Location - Oz

Post by dmsims » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:02 pm

Having a separate login for the comments is the work of an absolute genius

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:19 pm

Burt65 wrote: Disqus is just a marketing company that collect and sell your email and pays website to allow to advertise on them. It is all black and white in their Term of Service and Privacy Policy

Is not difference, from giving your email at the supermarket checkout and agree to receive tons of junk mail every day!

Look at how many comments people have left in 7 days... Not so good... :choke:
Thanks for pointing it out. I just removed the disqus account (kind of, all details are now scrambled up, and fortunately its email verification doesn't work anyway)

This still brings me back to the issue of not being able to post comments on the opencart extensions, because it's not possible to do that with an Opencart login.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by OpenCart Addons » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:52 pm

Extension descriptions appear to finally be fixed.

I've added a couple of the items to the list that have been mentioned.

I received an email from James last week asking if I could put together a list of bugs for his team who are working on fixing the marketplace, but I have yet to hear anything back.

At the rate that bugs are being patched my newborn son will still be updating this list when he grows up and takes over my business, haha. :P

Cheers,
Joel.

Canada's Leading Expert In OpenCart Development & Certified OpenCart Development Partner Image

Location - Canada

Post by OpenCart Addons » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:02 am

I just noticed that the order notification API is working but there's no where to define the API url within the seller settings like before.

Regards,
Joel.

Canada's Leading Expert In OpenCart Development & Certified OpenCart Development Partner Image

Location - Canada

Post by zengrafic » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:33 am

@OpenCart Addons:

Extension Marketplace > Extension Page

If you click on a thumb, image is openend in a new tab instead of using a modal window (pop-up) or similar.

Location - Earth

Post by wbd » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:37 pm

@OpenCart Addons:

Extension Marketplace > Extension Page
It seems I can no longer alter the price of extensions to display in my preferred currency.

Maybe I'm missing something?

wbd

Location - Australia

Post by OCdevWizard » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:11 pm

Dear OpenCart developers, I propose to rename this line http://prntscr.com/d8bhzg to this "12 Months Free Update".
Are you agree?

OCdevWizard - OpenCart extensions and modules.

Location - Eastern Europe

Post by imakeitwork » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:47 pm

OCdevWizard wrote:Dear OpenCart developers, I propose to rename this line http://prntscr.com/d8bhzg to this "12 Months Free Update".
Are you agree?
Developers should offer support for their extensions, not just updates, so I think the line is perfectly fine.

Post by Burt65 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:19 pm

OCdevWizard wrote:Dear OpenCart developers, I propose to rename this line http://prntscr.com/d8bhzg to this "12 Months Free Update".
Are you agree?
You sound like my bank...

May as well... Everything is so smooth and working so great at the moment between OC, the Market and this forum, that asking customers for more money maybe is just what we need to tip the bucket...

Good thinking... ;D

Location - Oz

Post by oc-extensions » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:37 pm

Are you agree?
What difference it will make since on manage extension you can't limit the download period to x months ? At least now it's about support, you can set 12 months and not provide support after that period. If you change the text to update but you don't limit the download to x months then the text it's practically zero.

Image | Extensions and Custom Development

Post by Adikon » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:52 pm

In the Seller -> Transactions in the table could add a column of the status of payment, because now I do not know whether the customer received refund or not.
Also missing Export transactions by status and date.

Location - PL