Post by IP_CAM » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:27 am

OpenCart Addons wrote:No updates on the site from what I can see.
well, last night, to my big surprise, I received a hand full of Forum Reply eMails.
But since then, Silence is Golden again... 8)
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by imakeitwork » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:08 pm

Was there any progress in a week? The only new thing I hear is that there are issues with downloads - not very good news.

Daniel, I know - the view through the office windows is amazing, but there are some tasks to do... :ponder:

Post by JNeuhoff » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:48 pm

IP_CAM wrote: well, last night, to my big surprise, I received a hand full of Forum Reply eMails.
But since then, Silence is Golden again... 8)
Ernie
Same here. Makes me wonder whether some of the OpenCart issues are caused by CloudFlare, the latter is one of the worst CDN suppliers. Not too long ago we had to change our static IP-address, so as to be able to access the OpenCart site, because OpenCart wasn't able to deal with CloudFlare's bugs.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by dmsims » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:48 pm

Why have the names of downloaded extensions changed ?

How on earth are you supposed to identify them in a directory ?

e.g.

name before: Featured-Category-Plusv1.4.zip
name now: 581feb06c8447.zip

15 days - why haven't you rolled it back ?

Post by ksharlandjiev » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:34 pm

Extension Marketplace > Extension Page
Compatibility section is not sorted properly.
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=19083
Latest version 2.3.0.2 is not first or last, but somewhere in between the other versions.

2.2.0.0, 2.3.0.0, 2.3.0.1, 2.3.0.2, 2.0.0.0, 2.0.1.0, 2.0.1.1, 2.0.2.0, 2.0.3.1, 2.1.0.1, 2.1.0.2, 2.2.0.0

Account
Request: Can you include the status of the order in the transactions list, and make a search by orderID available

Extensions > Manage your Extensions
Request: Can we add a download button, so developers can download their extensions in case they need them. Currently we need to edit, make module free, go on front page, download, and revert to paid extension.

Thanks.

Power Image Manager | Multi Image uploader | Bulk Update Products to Categories | Bulk Update Orders
NEW! Bulk add options | New! Bulk add attributes | NEW! Keep it Simple Checkout!

Location - London, UK

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:04 am

As others have pointed out, the OpenCart extensions download file names aren't respected by the download, OpenCart always changes them to the format <random-name>.zip. This makes installing files with names ending in '.ocmod.zip' impossible, the OpenCart extension installer will always complain with an Inavalid File Type error.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by OpenCart Addons » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:59 pm

I'm getting copied on support request emails with customers not being able to download extensions. The OC support team is asking developers to re-upload the extension files.

This doesn't fix anything. The issue isn't our download packages it's the OpenCart website. Re-uploading the downloads still results in customers getting the 404 error page.

In fact, downloads that have not been updated since the new website launch still work. Therefore asking developers to re-upload their extension files is making things worse.

Regards,
Joel.

Canada's Leading Expert In OpenCart Development & Certified OpenCart Development Partner Image

Location - Canada

Post by artcore » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:11 am

Every sale (thank goodness it picked up again) is now a support ticket as none are able to install. At least I can put my time-warp machine to good use (oh no that was in a dream ;D )

Attn: I no longer provide OpenCart extensions, nor future support - this includes forum posts.
Reason: OpenCart version 3+ ;D

Thanks!

Location - The Netherlands

Post by OpenCart Addons » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:47 am

I built a script that converts all OpenCart orders to orders on my site so that customers are able to access the downloads.

I figure the couple hours of developing and testing the script is worth it as it saves the customer the headache of requesting support and saves me time from going back and forth with the customer as OpenCart does not prompt customers for their Order ID and doesn't forward the extension name with the support request.

Canada's Leading Expert In OpenCart Development & Certified OpenCart Development Partner Image

Location - Canada

Post by ASG » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:03 am

affect wrote:Seriously, guys – do you actually plan on bringing back comments and sales stats or should we accept that they're lost forever?

This Black Friday will be quite a disaster for those developers who rely purely on OpenCart Marketplace sales if this doesn't get sorted – the comments were pretty much the only way to judge if an extension is any good.
It is not only you developers who are facing the problem, but as I can personally attest, consumers too. I was looking to purchase a couple of new extensions for a functionality and now I have no clue, which extension works better than the others, or which developer has a better supports.

Removing old comments was a terrible terrible idea. And reviews are gone too. Reviews are one of the most important thing in an ecommerce marketplace. I would have expected OC team to have this basic understanding, when the product itself is an ecommerce platform.

Not to mention, I am not sure if respective developers are getting notified for comments on their extensions through disqus.

ASG

Post by OpenCart Addons » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:50 am

ASG wrote:Not to mention, I am not sure if respective developers are getting notified for comments on their extensions through disqus.
We are not notified of new comments or orders.

Location - Canada

Post by DEAWid » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:18 am

Please..
this point:
Missing Sales page where developers can view and export their sales
I really need this to export sale for last months...... can you please finish this missing part as soon as possible?

I try it here:
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... eSI&page=2

and looks like you have erro in code...

Thanks

If you need any help with opencart, visit: https://www.opencart-support.com

Post by IP_CAM » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:33 am

Just found an error, when looking at a new User Page.
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by imakeitwork » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:37 pm

Sales page is working :clap:

Post by DEAWid » Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:35 pm

Thanks for fix export sales with filter. I really appreciate that.

Post by Adikon » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:42 pm

Export not working well.
I choose a date between 23-24.11.2016 I I click 'Export' and the CSV file is empty, in the Transactions I have for sale this day.

Location - PL

Post by artcore » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:21 pm

Sales seem to be incomplete, I only get about 10 results on one mod where it should be 40+
edit: It's the filter that doesn't work properly. I found them ;D

It also seems zendesk support ticket replies are not reaching the customer. Doesn't look good when they're still awaiting response when it's already sent.

Attn: I no longer provide OpenCart extensions, nor future support - this includes forum posts.
Reason: OpenCart version 3+ ;D

Thanks!

Location - The Netherlands

Post by Tomit » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:25 pm

I Agree this sucks, Disqus has a feature to import all recent comments in there, so we don't have empty extension pages.. and don't get the same questions again.

Also how hard can it be to import the number of sales on an extension? I'm glad to help anywhere I can, since this is hurting everyones business, just contact me and I will gladly write a query to get the data out of your old site, and into the new.

Location - Netherlands

Post by DEAWid » Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:34 pm

transaction export doesn't works anymore !! omg ...

Post by budgetneon » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:28 pm

Would be good for Daniel to chime in again.

We're headed towards about 20 days with the Marketplace still pretty much unusable.

I know there's a list of bugs out there being tracked, but 20 days with bugs like:

"users cannot download and install ANY ocmod extension due to random file naming"

Ugh..really? End users can't install any extensions that use the OC standard of ocmod? Seriously?

Can't Daniel see the plummeting revenue? I thought for sure they would at least fix the bugs that affected their revenue share.