Post by ecpanda » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:08 am

I have seen that there is a buyer of my extension. But, the sales count in the extension detail page is not updated.

Post by phenomena » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:48 pm

Does anyone know what happened to the rating system?

For most of my extensions i had over 20 votes "5", suddenly almost all my extensions are without rating at all, another one has rating "2"

Hope this is temporary development problem...

Opencarting

Location - Ukraine

Post by phenomena » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:44 pm

phenomena wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:48 pm
and the same is with Reviews... Surprise after surprise...

Opencarting

Location - Ukraine

Post by thekrotek » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:42 pm

phenomena wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:44 pm
and the same is with Reviews... Surprise after surprise...
New OpenCart site and forum is flooded with bugs and looks like nobody cares about fixing them. Just accept it as a fact. They recently rolled up a new forum theme, which is absolutely unusable. Tons of people asked about reverting back or giving an option to select another theme - nothing happened, we're still using this crap, which constantly looses login session and has a messy layout. Rating system, reviews... bah! Who cares?

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by Johnathan » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:44 pm

You can now rate extensions (in a more comprehensive way) in your customer panel. The direct link is here:

https://www.opencart.com/index.php?route=account/review

That's likely why ratings look off, since not many people are using the new rating system yet.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by phenomena » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:54 pm

Johnathan wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:44 pm
That's likely why ratings look off, since not many people are using the new rating system yet.
So all votes that was done last years will no longer be counted?

VERY funny, because some of my extensions are 4+ years old and they now looks like noone rated them at whole...
All courtships to my extensions are under the cat's tail...
i don't think that this is the right approach, i think old votes should be merged with the new ones

The same should be with the reviews

Just my opinion

Opencarting

Location - Ukraine

Post by Johnathan » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:41 pm

I completely agree -- I'm not sure if the old ratings are being removed forever, it may just be a temporary thing, but you may want to contact the OpenCart team to voice your opinion. Years of ratings shouldn't just be "wiped out" because of a new rating system.

Administrator

Post by OpenCart Addons » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:34 am

Last I talked with Daniel there was no plan to import the old ratings into the new system.

This is unfortunate that years worth of reviews are completely wiped out. Us developers worked hard to earn those reviews.

Another issue with the current review system is that it uses PHP Floor when calculating the average rating. This means that if a developer gets a single 4 star rating, they will only ever be able to have a maximum of a 4 star rating on their extension, regardless of how many 5 star reviews follow. This is something I brought to Daniel's attention and hopefully it gets patched after OC Cloud is launched for beta.

Joel.

Canada's Leading Expert In OpenCart Development & Certified OpenCart Development Partner Image

Location - Canada

Post by Jsf » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:39 pm

New lower price in extension market? Was 10, now 20?

Code: Select all

Price must be 20.00 USD or more!

Jsf

Post by Johnathan » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:20 pm

That's new as of yesterday. I just released Sort Shipping Rates on the 4th (though it says the 5th on the extension page) and it was not over $20. I haven't heard any info from Daniel on this, so it would be nice if he weighed in.

Administrator

Post by imakeitwork » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:18 pm

Any other extension developers are not too happy with the new lowest price ($20)? Half of my extensions are priced at $10 for years and the tiny modifications with decent support seems like the right price.

Post by D3MO » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:21 pm

If we started here to talk about money:) does anybody received the payouts with this new payoneer?

Opencart Expert | voldemaras@gmail.com
Skype - programanija | Gtalk - voldemaras@gmail.com
Extensions for Opencart @ https://www.opencartextensions.eu / or Opencart Marketplace

Need Custom Module? debug third party module or simply have any question related to Opencart? feel free to contact directly for a live chat session:) - INSTANT LIVE CHAT

Post by uksitebuilder » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:07 pm

+1 to the list of peeved developers who have (had) high ratings on extensions from years of sales and happy customers, only now to have them wiped out.

The new rating system isn't working anyway, it shows # review(s) but no stars are lit up

Also, can no longer filter out Commercial vs Free - Clicking Commercial still shows Free extensions.

Guru Member

Location - United Kindgom

Post by ashwani_multi » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:15 pm

Module page rating must need back i have many module which have 50+ rating but now "0"
its not good at all

Opencart Quick checkout
View All modules
Any opencart issue contact me at support@opencartextensions.in

Thank you

Location - Ludhiana,Punjab,India

Post by oceklenti » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:02 pm

D3MO wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:21 pm
If we started here to talk about money:) does anybody received the payouts with this new payoneer?
no and still waiting as usual!

Post by oceklenti » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:40 am

It's been 10 days and I still don't have a payout.

My support mails are ignored! Last mail I received a mail from support was 5 days ago and they told me "We have a small delay on the payoneer and our director will send it out today."
Small delay? Every month 10-15 days?

Do you guys are aware developers need to pay their billings? I understand a "small delay" but it's became something regular.
I am thinking taking down all my extensions on the site and finding another platform to sell my extensions.
At least you could post an announcement on the forum or send an email to developers if you don't have time to answer support mails.

Post by OpenCart Addons » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:47 am

I talked with Daniel the other day. I explained that a lot of developers are losing out on years worth of ratings.

He said he might import ratings back into the system for commercial extensions only. His concern with free downloads is that the old rating system could be cheated as anyone can create multiple accounts and rate it.

I also mentioned that the current rating is averaged, then uses PHP floor() to get the star rating. This should be changed to PHP round() so that an overall rating of 4.5+ (including 4.99999) doesn't get dropped to 4 stars.

Cheers,
Joel.

Canada's Leading Expert In OpenCart Development & Certified OpenCart Development Partner Image

Location - Canada

Post by opencartmart » Thu May 04, 2017 11:36 pm

I think something worse is happening. One of my module was rated as 5 since 2015.
After wiping out old ratings, its rating was 5 by one review 7 days ago. But suddenly, its rating has dropped to 3 because last two purchasers has rated it as worst or average. Although they did not even contact me with their issues or did not ask for any support request. Not sure, it is intentional or something else :(

Another module had 50+ ratings and average was 5. Now it is downgraded to 4.

Daniel should consider about old ratings.

XForm - Opencart Form Builder
Xshippingpro - An advanced Shipping Module
Need Professional support? Skype: opencartmart

Post by OpenCart Addons » Thu May 04, 2017 11:48 pm

The issue is the current system floors the average rating instead of rounding. This means that a rating of 4.9999999 will be floored to 4 stars.

I've added this as one of the marketplace changes here.

Location - Canada

Post by opencartmart » Fri May 05, 2017 12:15 am

OpenCart Addons wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 11:48 pm
The issue is the current system floors the average rating instead of rounding. This means that a rating of 4.9999999 will be floored to 4 stars.

I've added this as one of the marketplace changes here.
Yeah seems, that is the reason.
Thank you for the link. Checking there.

XForm - Opencart Form Builder
Xshippingpro - An advanced Shipping Module
Need Professional support? Skype: opencartmart