Post by michael2820 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:37 pm

I have had an account with http://www.wxhosting.com for some months. After a few weeks I found out, that the owner Jeff Hunter had installed his own software in my shop WITHOUT asking me !! I asked him about the software: Did he have a FAQ, a documentation how to use it. His reply: "No and you do not need it. Just leave it as it is." I wanted to know, what is going on with that software, but his reply: I should just trust him !!

I have never heard about the man before. How could I trust him and why did he install something WITHOUT asking me.

Now since a few weeks I have emailed him in the normal way, and also made a ticket AND emailed him via his Chat software. NO reply.

Apparently when I am logged in, there is NO way to cancel my account. Do you have any experience with wxhosting or know, how I cancel my account. Otherwise - after talking with my bank - I have to cancel my credit card and get a new one.

--- please reply only with verified data, that is: no 'I think', 'maybe' etc. ---

Location - Denmark ver. 2.1.0.2

Post by michael2820 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:19 pm

I just contacted via Live Chat, maybe auto-reply. Nothing that looks human. Wonder what has happened. Soon I have to cancel my VISA and get a new one AND update it several places :-\

--- please reply only with verified data, that is: no 'I think', 'maybe' etc. ---

Post by Alex - A2Hosting » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:05 pm

This is very strange. A web host should NEVER install anything on your account unless it is a software you want and ask them to do. The scenario of a web host asking to install something on your account shouldn't exist, only the opposite where you request something after all, it is YOUR website not your hosts.

They seem to be using WHMCS so unless they removed the functionality, you should see a 'Request Cancellation' button under the 'Management Tools' whilst in your active product.

If not, you wouldn't need to request a new visa card. You could approach your bank and locate one of the payments sent to this company and tell your bank to block any further transactions. If done correctly, they might attempt to charge you but the transaction won't go through.

HostDash - Blazing Fast OpenCart Hosting. Ranked 4th Best Host on Hostimony

Post by michael2820 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:18 pm

Alex, thanks a lot. I started with A2hosting some months ago ;-) No 'Mangement Tools'. The closest I get is 'Hosting Accounts', but under this I cannot cancel, only links to cPanel, phpMyAdmin and change pw. I will talk to my bank again.

"You could approach your bank and locate one of the payments sent to this company and tell your bank to block any further transactions. If done correctly, they might attempt to charge you but the transaction won't go through."
My bank says: not possible. I have to get a new VISA card.

Maybe the man is sick, in hospital or ... who knows. Michael

Post by Alex - A2Hosting » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:08 pm

michael2820 wrote:Alex, thanks a lot. I started with A2hosting some months ago ;-) No 'Mangement Tools'. The closest I get is 'Hosting Accounts', but under this I cannot cancel, only links to cPanel, phpMyAdmin and change pw. I will talk to my bank again.

"You could approach your bank and locate one of the payments sent to this company and tell your bank to block any further transactions. If done correctly, they might attempt to charge you but the transaction won't go through."
My bank says: not possible. I have to get a new VISA card.

Maybe the man is sick, in hospital or ... who knows. Michael
I am glad to hear you are hosting with us, I hope your experience has been more positive :)

Unfortunately it is possible to disable the cancellation request feature in WHMCS. I wonder if they just removed it from their theme or disabled it via the settings system. You could try this:

1. Login to the client area
2. Go to services -> My Services (Or Products -> My Products) or something similar
3. Find the product you wish to cancel. Right click on the 'Manage' button and click 'Inspect Element'
4. In the little console window that pops up, you should see a product ID like this:
<input type="hidden" name="id" value="XXXXXX">
Where XXXXXX is your product ID.
5. Copy this number and paste in your browser: https://www.wxhosting.com/clientarea.ph ... l&id=XXXXX
6. Replace XXXX with the product ID obtained in step 4
7. Press enter and see where that takes you (hopefully the cancellation request form).

If the above works, it might not cancel your product right away (esp if this has been disabled) though WHMCS is designed to prevent any further invoices from being created when a product has a cancelled flag marked (so you shouldn't be billed). I would then recommend you create a ticket if you haven't done so already for them to confirm your cancellation and process it.

If you're stuck on any step, feel free to PM me and I'll gladly take a look into that for you.

If not, do you know what payment processor they use (Stripe, PayPal etc?). It could be possible to contact them directly and have them remove you from their system (assuming you can prove who you are / you are the card holder).

Failing that, then yes, a new VISA would be required if your bank can't block the company itself.

HostDash - Blazing Fast OpenCart Hosting. Ranked 4th Best Host on Hostimony

Post by michael2820 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:58 am

Alex, thanks trying to help me. My VISA card has been cancelled and I get a new one. what you are referring to, does NOT exist. It seems that the owner "left the building". Let us hope, that just one person considering wxhosting as webhost reads this.
Michael