Post by michael2820 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:51 pm

I look for the best value for money VPS in EU for the latest OC version.

History: I started 1995 making websites and I have made many nearly 1.000 webpages with Frontpage. I still use that FP from 2003. In 2011 I started a shop and found OC to be the simplest cms. I have been using OC 1.4.9.6. until febr. 2016 where I upgraded to OC 2.1.0.1.

Since 2014 I had a fast VPS. Something happened - irrelevant in this case and I look for new webhosting company. I am danish, living in Denmark (DK). 95% of my customers come from DK, and 5% from SE and NO. I plan to expand to NL and DE. I am good at english and german.

Right now I am testing some VPS in the UK and DE, but so far I have not found THE ONE. I cannot find reviews or people with the experience, that I am looking for. I have mainly searched in webhostingtalk.com and googled in general - and those people who HAVE found, probably do NOT look here in this forum ;-)

Why does this forum not have a section called "Webhost" for us to help each other finding the best webhost, be it traditional webhosting, VPS, Cloud or dedicated server?

I do not know so much about the techn. stuff inside OC, databases etc. but FYI:
When exported from PHPMyAdmin my database is 12MB. I have 500 products, not all of them active. The shop runs in 3 languages and I plan to add german. I have 18.000 pageviews per month. I use 1,5GB space.
My Priority is SPEED, NOT space and traffic.

I have bought the theme ShopMe, but it has errors or bugs. It seems to me, that it is NOT finished. I have written a lot with the author from SE. I do NOT agree with Qphoria here.

I have also bought Journal2 and this theme is HEAVE stuff and looks really good, BUT it has so many options and I have only had little time to play with it. I do plan to use it, if it is not TOO heavy for the server. Anybody has experience with Journal2?

I do know a bit about using tools to test website speed, ping, traceroute etc. I anticipate that my webhost should have datacenter in UK, NL or DE and NOT in the US. Tell me if I am wrong.

Have a look at my shop selling water filters

Do you know THE webhost that I am looking for?
best regards Michael

--- please reply only with verified data, that is: no 'I think', 'maybe' etc. ---

Location - Denmark ver. 2.1.0.2

Post by victorj » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:09 pm

Speed is very important, so i did move my sites to a cloud solution.
My hoster is located in the netherlands, and so are the servers.
I have had a lot of different hosts in the past, and every time i had to switch because something was not to my satisfaction until i found my current hosting.
Been there for quiet some years now and still happy with performance and level off service.

You can checkout their site neostrada.nl if you prefer english visit neostrada.uk

Remember when expanding to holland, your site language should be in dutch.

Koeltechnische deurrubbers eenvoudig online op maat bestellen.
Alle niet stekplichtige onderdelen zoals scharnieren, sloten, randverwarming en verlichting voor alle typen koelingen en vriezers.
https://koelcel-onderdelen.com

Expert Member

Location - Alkmaar Holland

Post by michael2820 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:15 pm

@victorj: thank you very much. Actually my host right now is also in NL: http://hosting4real.net and is quite OK. Run by 2 danes, one of them living in NL
/Michael

--- please reply only with verified data, that is: no 'I think', 'maybe' etc. ---

Post by davidbfranks » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:20 pm

I use - https://www.futurehosting.com/virtual-s ... s-hosting/ on the HYB 1 package, running Journal 2 as my theme.

Have never had any issues, and speed is lightning fast!

P.s. Also using cdn77.com is my CDN to serve static resources, this has a huge impact!

Location - London

Post by michael2820 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:53 pm

Frank: I know about Futurehosting, cause many people at Webhostingtalk write about them, but my problem is: I need a panel and have to pay for it, because I am NOT able to setup from scratch. I do not know enough Linux etc. I like Plesk, so I cannot go with unmanaged Futurehosting, not today at least. Another story is, that if somebody could help me set it up (I pay of course) then I could go with unmanaged plan at futurehosting.

Post by victorj » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:57 pm

Myvps has whm and cpanel, so no setup is requiered, also service and support

Alle niet stekplichtige onderdelen zoals scharnieren, sloten, randverwarming en verlichting voor alle typen koelingen en vriezers.

Expert Member

Post by michael2820 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:01 pm

victorj: Myvps.com redirects to onewebhosting.com. I see no vps on that site, do you ?

Post by davidbfranks » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:05 pm

michael2820 wrote:Frank: I know about Futurehosting, cause many people at Webhostingtalk write about them, but my problem is: I need a panel and have to pay for it, because I am NOT able to setup from scratch. I do not know enough Linux etc. I like Plesk, so I cannot go with unmanaged Futurehosting, not today at least. Another story is, that if somebody could help me set it up (I pay of course) then I could go with unmanaged plan at futurehosting.
All the VPS plans on Future Hosting are fully managed, I never have to worry about anything server related.

Read the title on the page - https://www.futurehosting.com/virtual-s ... s-hosting/

Also see here - https://www.futurehosting.com/future-engineer/

Location - London

Post by michael2820 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:19 pm

David: I have been on their site often. I would like to find something similar, but cheaper ;-) I had an account with them some years ago, and support is excellent, but I only need some help at the first 3-4 steps, then I can manage on my own. If I can save £20 per month, I want to, but maybe I just do it and learn the tech stuff with SSH, Linux, Ubuntu maybe later ...
Sorry, I can see, that I started with 30EUR, OK. Futurehosting is an option with $35.

Post by victorj » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:28 pm

michael2820 wrote:victorj: Myvps.com redirects to onewebhosting.com. I see no vps on that site, do you ?
m vps is located here

cloud.koelcel-onderdelen.com

is a neostrada cloudhosting

Expert Member

Location - Canada, QC

Post by opencartboost » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:13 pm

You can check
http://soladrive.com
https://www.futurehosting.com
For review, you can browse at webhostingtalk, include coupon code to get discount.

Post by Burt65 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:27 pm

michael2820 wrote: I have also bought Journal2 and this theme is HEAVE stuff and looks really good, BUT it has so many options and I have only had little time to play with it. I do plan to use it, if it is not TOO heavy for the server. Anybody has experience with Journal2?

To retain a good speed with Journal it is imperative that you don't use the Google fonts (inherit are the fastest one or system), keep all pictures around the 50-60kb. and do turn on all Journal cache (all of them from top to bottom). Try not to have more than one or two carousel in the first page and again small pictures as they get loaded all at once...

Over 95% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair...

Location - Oz

Post by i2Paq » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:25 pm

Or check VDX.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands