Post by toad78 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:49 pm

Has anyone had experience with jCart/JooCart? I understand that it's a bridge for Joomla/OpenCart.

I'd like to hear any feedback.

Post by Burt65 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:31 pm

I don't have any experience with Jcart, but more than a bridge, it looks to me like it uses Joomla as portal (same thing as Wordpress) and then Opencart as a module. If that's the case I would be more inclined to find out what happen when you change something in Opencart, as, if it is as easy as when Opencart works as standalone or if it possible to upgrade Opencart without having to wait for them to release their version of Opencart and for how much??..
It is a standalone Joomla ecommerce component which includes OpenCart features

This is the bit in the description that I don't quite get... Opencart is a standalone eCommerce application not a feature...

Over 95% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair...

Location - Oz

Post by MarketInSG » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:41 pm

Please avoid running OpenCart within Joomla if possible. It causes lots of issues.

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by toad78 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:05 am

MarketInSG wrote:Please avoid running OpenCart within Joomla if possible. It causes lots of issues.
Like what?

I need more than just a cart system to run. OpenCart is rather limited on page/module development, which is why I'm working on a system that can integrate with WordPress or Joomla.

Suggestions?

Post by toad78 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:06 am

Burt65 wrote:
It is a standalone Joomla ecommerce component which includes OpenCart features

This is the bit in the description that I don't quite get... Opencart is a standalone eCommerce application not a feature...
That, too, was my concern. But it's basically OpenCart with the bridge to work with Joomla. You did bring up a good point about upgrading. I'll ask them about that.