Post by Jeremy Fisk » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:11 am

Free Custom Extension Development

Please PM me with ideas you would like for extensions.

The people who submit ideas that i decide to create will get the extension created for them for free

Post urgently
Jem

If i have helped... please click here to donate

Bookstore Mod
QuickShop Module
Restricted Access - Compulsory Login
Template Override - Category Specific (vQmod)
Template Override - Brand Specific (vQmod)
How did you find out about us register question mod
Compulsory Login vQmod
Brands In Top Menu
zoom - Product Image - Auto on hover

Location - New Zealand (Tokomaru, Palmerston North)

Post by silkartist » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:13 am

I could use an extension that shows which product Options are in stock, but still allows a customer to order if it's out of stock. I hand make each product, so I still want the order, but I also want the customer to know if it will take 1-2 weeks.

For example I might have hair scrunchies in stock in Red, but would have to dye a Purple. Customers could see the Red is in stock now, but the Purple would take 1-2 weeks, and they can still order a Purple if they have time to wait.

To complicate matters, I'm using OC 2.1.0.1 with the Journal 2 theme, and I'm using images for the Colors, and text for Sizes, and both are displayed horizontally on the Product page.
See http://opencart.silkfromthehartz.com/si ... scrunchies
or http://opencart.silkfromthehartz.com/bl ... n-tank-top

One way to do this might be to just use a number (2) after each Option, showing the stock quantity, but still allowing them to order if it is (0)
Another way might be after "Availability:" a list of options that are "In Stock" and a list of "Pre-Order 1-2 weeks".
I would keep the stock numbers of each Option current in the admin under Products/Edit Product/Options.
I've looked at stock extensions and haven't found one that would work. They all make it so a product can't be ordered if it's out of stock.

Post by gtoc » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:10 am

Hi, I tried PM but its stuck in my outbox for some reason.

I put some ideas in this thread
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=158207

cheers

Post by rocketman384 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:03 pm

Jeremy Fisk wrote:Free Custom Extension Development

Please PM me with ideas you would like for extensions.

The people who submit ideas that i decide to create will get the extension created for them for free

Post urgently
Jem
Hi this is a great project. I have a few ideas but I haven't decided on one that I really need. How long are you offering the extension for free? I'll pm you as soon as I can. Thanks.

Post by dsign » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:44 am

An idea for setting up vendor locations in listing products by categories and locations as an option. The locations can be on a hierarchy from countries to states to districts to cities to mandals to villages. Ideally suiting any multi vendor module that can be installed in OC irrespective of the version change.

This will help localise the product availability in the nearest or choicest market place and increase the sales.

Post by jamesg » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:17 am

I'd love a way to record in the backend 'custom orders' - currently I operate online with set packages that have a degree of flexibility... but I'd love to be able to assign products to basket in the backend either individually or by entering "Custom package.... xyx" and the price as a way of recording in the one location all of our trade.

Currently maintaining a seperate spreadsheet for 'offline' orders made by telephone where we make use of a 'pay by link' service sent directly to somebodies inbox. The entries in opencart would serve as a useful record keeping and reporting but would also mean a customer could see their full history with us for their own reference.