Post by IzzyMac » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:48 pm

Hi all, my name is Isabella, but please call me Izzy. I am new here and I am in some need of some help and advice.

I currently run two zen cart sites, one in 1.5.0 and 1.5.1

I have been investigating migrating away from Zen Cart as both sites are long overdue updating, but because both sites are heavily modified I thought I would look at alternatives, as the development path of ZC 1.5.5 & 1.6 are lacking in essential features and editing Zen Cart to incorporate such features is very long winded.

I'm hoping to touch base with any ex Zen Cart users with their experiences of migrating to OC, both advantages and disadvantages. I'd also like to gather list of OC developers based in the UK, ideally in the Northeast (Newcastle/Gateshead) areas.

Thanks, Izzy

Post by i2Paq » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:59 pm

We need to know what features you have, and which one you really need.

Otherwise it is comparing Apples with Pineapples.

For the migration it self use Cart2Cart.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by IzzyMac » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:41 pm

Hi, i have had a really good play with OC 2.1.0.1, and it has many feature builtin that I have to modify Zen Cart to get. So I was sold on moving to OC.

However, I have come across a problem which would stop me from using OC. When i go to edit an order, or update an orders status, I am presented with the following pop-up

"[Exception... "<no message>" nsresult: "0x805e0006 (<unknown>)" location: "JS frame :: https://MYSITE.co.uk/open/admin/view/ja ... 1.1.min.js :: .send :: line 4" data: no]

[Exception... "<no message>" nsresult: "0x805e0006 (<unknown>)" location: "JS frame :: https://MYSITE.co.uk/open/admin/view/ja ... 1.1.min.js :: .send :: line 4" data: no]

undefined

I understand this is a SSL issue, as the error stops if I have the store all in SSL or the Admin all in no SSL, both of which isn't a good work around IMHO.

Can you point me in the right direction to fix this?

Post by carlorine11 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:01 pm

I used a OpenCart extension to convert zen cart to opencart. Here is link of migration tool recommended by OpenCart store. http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... ASC&page=2

Post by straightlight » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:41 am

I use the free extension from this post: http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=164079

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Hannah00 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:47 pm

you can export database to CSV files but can not import them to dream shopping carts because they have difference database structure. So the best way is importing manually,
Exporting database of target cart to CSV files.
Select data in CSV files of source store and filling to CSV target store.

Opencart migration & upgrade tool

Post by straightlight » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:20 pm

Hannah00 wrote:you can export database to CSV files but can not import them to dream shopping carts because they have difference database structure. So the best way is importing manually,
Exporting database of target cart to CSV files.
Select data in CSV files of source store and filling to CSV target store.
The information above is mostly incorrect. My extensions have been published for a reason and this reason that includes the database to be exported from either the local or remote databases over XLSX files which this file format over Excel is way more solid than using CSV files from the browser which can be easily more handled with the buffer allocation size than what CSV files can handle.

As for using different database structure, as long as the database can be accessed from an instantiated server library that allows a database to be used, it does not matter at this point how the database structure can really be if the Industry already provides the methodology to capture in multiple ways the multiple database structures.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON