Post by crispylettuce » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:07 pm

Hi,

I have been running on the Arvixe hosting company for probably 4/5 years, running my opencart site(multisite with 4 shops), as well as another site.

When i started using Arvixe as a hosting company, i was very impressed with the price, service and support(best i had ever experienced), and would of happily recommended them to anyone, which i actually done on several occasions.

BUT since they were taken over the service keeps getting worse and worse, and i am currently left with no option but to look elsewhere. (any recommendations for a reliable host would be very welcome. )

I have had constant issues, been moved to a 'stable' server three times in the last 6 months, and support is currently non existent. I waited on their 'live chat' for 50 minutes other day before giving up..and been waiting on a support ticket for three days....

I feel somehow potential new 'customers' to Opencart need to be made aware of the situation concerning Arivxe, as i know they used to be a recommended hosting company for Opencart(not sure if still are).

If new people to opencart, set up with arvixe(like i did, from it being recommended here) and experience even a 1/4 of what i have, this could reflect badly on the Opencart platform itself, leaving them unhappy with their Opencart/Arvixe experience, and potentially going elsewhere for both.

Post by TheDoctor88 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:56 pm

Yes, they are good hosting provider. They are really recommended in the past few years. But, not for now. Since EIG acquired their business, their services become worst. I read on many forums and websites (PCMAG) about their issue. I also dont have any idea what happened with them. But, I would recommedn you to stay away from EIG provider. They like to mess everything, make best hosting provider down to the ground.

I'm using hostforlife.eu now. Hmm.. I'm just started my website with them around 3 months ago. So far so good.

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:03 am

Sorry to hear about all of the frustration you're experiencing. We get it and we've made this offer to the Opencart community if you're interested:

http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 20#p587784

Opencart Hosting Plans, Domain Registration, Microsoft and Google Email and More
Visit our website for great deals and most importantly, fast and friendly support - www.evolvewebhost.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA

Post by labeshops » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:19 am

I do agree Arvixe should no longer be recommended considering all the issues. I am really, really glad I didn't go with them a few years ago. I had set up a test store with them and was amazed how slow it was even a couple of years ago before they supposedly got bad. I cancelled it and went with evolve and definitely made the right choice.

I imagine they are paying for the advertising banners/etc here on opencart's site, but I agree it reflects poorly on OC to show them as a "recommended" host.

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by TheDoctor88 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:16 am

Hope the issue will be fixed immediately. Like other users said, it will better for you to find other hosting provider. Beware with EIG hosting provider, find other alternative. Good luck for you.

Post by opencartboost » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:52 pm

I agree arvixe is not recommended host for OC since EIG acquired their business. What why we move our website to other.

Post by lucanm » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:10 pm

I never thought before that big company like Arvixe could lose control like that. I was looking through the reviews about Arvixe, all of them say that they have a good service. But suddenly at the beginning of this month I see some of their customers complain about website down. More and more customers are complaining about the same thing. There is a list of web hosting providers that have controlled by EIG http://goo.gl/RM8hqe