Post by KenHorse » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:01 am

I know this is an old thread but I thought I would share my (bad) experience with MIjoShop.

I used their product for several years and overall, it worked as advertised and they were fairly responsive. But I recently upgraded to their 4.0.1 version and it was buggy as all get out. Half the admin stuff didn't work properly no matter what (running Joomla 3.8.6) and pleas for support (via their ticket system) went unanswered for over a week. Finally, I gave up and went with JooCart, and it installed with no problems, was easy to migrate the existing database into and is working wonderfully (uses OC 3.0.2.0).

Glad I changed over

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:03 pm

Since these are all OpenCart-based, why not just go with the original? You can easily integrate the original OpenCart and adjust its web theme to the one used by Joomla, Wordpress, or whatever. Some of these OpenCart offshoots, like Arrasta, use old (and often buggy) 3rd party extensions.

MHC Web Design
Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * TrustPilot Reviews * Google Rich Snippets * Google Tag Manager * Export/Import Tool * Template Switcher PHP/Twig

Expert Member

Post by Django29 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:08 pm

Hello
I've been also using Mijoshop for years, and it was working fine (when we could find extensions working with it) ... untill about 2 years ago.
No more assistance at all, and their MED (Mijoshop Extensions Directory) is completely dead.
So, as KenHorse, I switched all my Mijoshop sites to Joocart, and my life changed :
- Much better compatibility with the OC extensions (perfect with all of them I think).
- Very good reactivity of the assistance

I prefer a lot to use OC in Joomla, through Joocart, because OC is my favorite e-comerce CMS, but Joomla offers much more possibilities for other functions than e-commerce.