Post by tomd » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:55 pm

Hi,

Is there a way to export the products to an XML file? I want to create an XML template to edit the products. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom

Post by uksitebuilder » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:45 pm

Check extension store for import / export extentension

I'm sure there is an xml one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guru Member

Location - United Kindgom

Post by JNeuhoff » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:26 pm

Why on earth do you want to edit products in a XML format? And not in a spreadsheet format such as CSV, XLS, ODS, XLSX?

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by tomd » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:43 pm

Hi Simon,

Thank you for your reply. I do not need an extensive interface for the export function, just a php file that will export all the product fields to an xml file.

Any help in this direction is appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom

Post by tomd » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:47 pm

Hi J.Neuhoff,

Thanks for your reply. I can drag and drop the xml file in excel to edit it. Currenlty, I can only import xml fles. So I need a php file which will export all the product fields to an xml format.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom

Post by JNeuhoff » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:01 am

What kind of XML format are you talking about? And why do you want to use XML for Export and Import?

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by Dhaupin » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:23 am

You can export just about anything you need to xml. It can be done by copying and reworking all the feed/google_base files in the catalog side of the store. There are some mods that are "feed builders" however its hit or miss whether they include the fields you need (esp for custom mods)

https://creadev.org | support@creadev.org - Opencart Extensions, Integrations, & Development. Made in the USA.

Location - PA

Post by tomd » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:39 am

Sorry for the delay in replying...

JNeuhoff: The data I have offline is in XML format, so I need to import it. So while getting an extension it would help if it can do export/import both. CSV or XLS will not work for me.

Thanks for understanding the problem Dhaupin. I have a few custom mods and it is really difficult to make the import/export extensions capture all fields. I have purchased one extension and it does not fit my needs and am struggling to get it customized by the creator of the extension. But thank you for the tip... I will try google_base though I am not sure how it works.

Best,
Tom

Post by thedeveloper » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:30 pm

Hi,

1- You have to go to your PHPmyadmin (yourserverip/phpmyadmin)
2- Click on the database of your store.
3- Select the following tables:

oc_product
oc_product_attribute
oc_product_description
oc_product_discount
oc_product_filter
oc_product_image
oc_product_option
oc_product_option_value
oc_product_profile
oc_product_recurring
oc_product_related
oc_product_reward
oc_product_special
oc_product_to_category
oc_product_to_download
oc_product_to_layout
oc_product_to_store

4- At the bottom of this page you have a button to indicate that you want to export these tables. Click on export.

5- Select XML and click Continue.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

To import the XML database follow these steps:

1- You have to go to your PHPmyadmin (yourserverip/phpmyadmin)
2- Click on the database of your store.
3- Click on import.
4- Select the xml database of your PC. Click on continue.

Regards

Post by Dhaupin » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:56 pm

@Tom
It seems really complex at first if you havent dug into OC guts, but if youre comfortable in basic PHP you can do alot of cool things. May i ask what fields you need? Is it for a service or something? Might be able to get you a starting point going

https://creadev.org | support@creadev.org - Opencart Extensions, Integrations, & Development. Made in the USA.

Location - PA