Post by abady » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:15 pm

if I have installed a module or extension, but not work, is this effect on opencart functions? is this makes errors in future?

or , there is no any problem?

Post by labeshops » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:51 pm

If a module does not work or doesn't work as expected you should always remove it. It can slow down your shop by trying to run and generating errors.

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by abady » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:25 pm

labeshops wrote:If a module does not work or doesn't work as expected you should always remove it. It can slow down your shop by trying to run and generating errors.

so.. how I can remove it from cpanel, if all same folders like admin, catalog and so,

how I can know them to remove?

Post by labeshops » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:59 pm

Follow the installation instructions for the mod, just do it in reverse and delete the files it had in its upload folder. You can do it thru the cpanel file manager or thru an ftp program. If you have vqmod manager installed, you can just click on "uninstall" in it first, then delete any extra files it added.

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by abady » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:08 pm

labeshops wrote:Follow the installation instructions for the mod, just do it in reverse and delete the files it had in its upload folder. You can do it thru the cpanel file manager or thru an ftp program. If you have vqmod manager installed, you can just click on "uninstall" in it first, then delete any extra files it added.

actually, there is no uninstall, but I find some folders to those modules in cpanel, and remove (delete) them.

is this ok?

another question, about phpMyAdmin in cpanel, if i paste inside it a code for module , and I remove this module, is there any problem if I not remove this code from phpMyAdmin ?

thanx

Post by Dhaupin » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:29 am

If your module made database tables/fields (in phpmyadmin), you can leave them in and it wont hurt anything....but its best to remove those too. The code you pasted into phpMyAdmin is called a query, it made new tables/fields for your module. If you inspect it for things it created you can "drop" them which will delete them and all their data.

Also when deleting module files, to avoid errors during that process, delete the tpl ones first, followed by controller, then language+model

https://creadev.org | support@creadev.org - Opencart Extensions, Integrations, & Development. Made in the USA.

Location - PA