Post by paynechia » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:34 pm

Hi, I have installed my opencart in define('DB_DRIVER', 'mysql'); is there any issue if I change it to define('DB_DRIVER', 'mysqli'); in the config file now? I'm using opencart v1.5.6.1

From your experience, is opencart running better in mysqli?

Thank you~

Post by cwswebdesign » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:33 am

paynechia wrote:Hi, I have installed my opencart in define('DB_DRIVER', 'mysql'); is there any issue if I change it to define('DB_DRIVER', 'mysqli'); in the config file now? I'm using opencart v1.5.6.1

From your experience, is opencart running better in mysqli?

Thank you~
Make sure php on the server has been upgraded. You can always change the config files, test them and then switch back too.

DL

This account is inactive. Look for us under the name 'EvolveWebHosting' and contact us under that username.

Thanks!

Location - USA

Post by paynechia » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:46 am

cwswebdesign wrote: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:33 a
Thanks cwswebdesign for your reply. I'm using share hosting with specification below:
Apache version : 2.2.26
PHP version: 5.3.28
MySQL version: 5.5.36-cll
Architecture: x86_64
Operating system: linux
Perl version: 5.10.1
Kernel version: 2.6.32-531.17.1.lve1.2.60.el6.86_64

Is it good to change the config file? Is opencart running better in mysqli?

By the way, my site are consuming high server resources. I had replied to labeshops's post on the topic of "Opencarts use of resources". http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=101019 labeshops told us that you had helped him to solve the issue. Do you mind to share the trick with us?

When I first setup my site (33 categories and 700 products), the Internal server error 500 occurred very often, after some research, I had applied category cache to my site, the problem is not really solved until my host increased the virtual memory to 1GB.

However, few months later (these few days), internal server error 500 is showing intermittently again. I had added indexes to all foreign keys (columns ending with ‘_id’) as shared by ChrisAtomix (https://github.com/chrisatomix/opencart-turbo). I can't see significant improvement yet. ChrisAtomix's script also help to convert MySQL DB Storage Engine from MyISAM to InnoDB, but as I'm not familiar with MySQL DB Storage Engine, I haven't implement that to my database yet.

Appreciate much if you can share your knowledge with us. Thanks~

Post by cwswebdesign » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:19 am

paynechia wrote:
Thanks cwswebdesign for your reply. I'm using share hosting with specification below:

By the way, my site are consuming high server resources. I had replied to labeshops's post on the topic of "Opencarts use of resources". http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=101019 labeshops told us that you had helped him to solve the issue. Do you mind to share the trick with us?

When I first setup my site (33 categories and 700 products), the Internal server error 500 occurred very often, after some research, I had applied category cache to my site, the problem is not really solved until my host increased the virtual memory to 1GB.

However, few months later (these few days), internal server error 500 is showing intermittently again. I had added indexes to all foreign keys (columns ending with ‘_id’) as shared by ChrisAtomix (https://github.com/chrisatomix/opencart-turbo). I can't see significant improvement yet. ChrisAtomix's script also help to convert MySQL DB Storage Engine from MyISAM to InnoDB, but as I'm not familiar with MySQL DB Storage Engine, I haven't implement that to my database yet.

Hi,

Go ahead and try mysqli. I am running one site with the turbo script you mentioned and so far it's really good.

As far as the high server resources, it's hard to say exactly what is causing it without researching it. It could be your .htaccess file, issues with the database or possibly a weak server. If you'd like, you can email me about it at support@evolvewebhost.com and I could take a look. Labeshops ended up moving her sites over to host with us in the end.

DL

This account is inactive. Look for us under the name 'EvolveWebHosting' and contact us under that username.

Thanks!

Location - USA

Post by paynechia » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:28 pm

cwswebdesign wrote:
paynechia wrote:

Hi,

Go ahead and try mysqli. I am running one site with the turbo script you mentioned and so far it's really good.

As far as the high server resources, it's hard to say exactly what is causing it without researching it. It could be your .htaccess file, issues with the database or possibly a weak server. If you'd like, you can email me about it at support@evolvewebhost.com and I could take a look. Labeshops ended up moving her sites over to host with us in the end.

DL
Thanks for your sharing~

I had talked to my host. They are upgrading the software. The MySQL version is 5.5.37-cll now, the server load has dropped, however, we are still monitoring as we are not sure if that's the root cause. I guess the issue is on their (hosting) end? Between, I tried to change the config file to mysqli, the shopping cart shows blank page. It is ok, I will try again once the system is stable later.

I will keep you in the contact list, if my host can't solve this issue, we will consider to switch to your hosting ;)

Post by victorj » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:20 pm

what version of oc are you running.
prior to 1.5.5. x mysqli is not supported by opencart.

if you arebusinf a version prior to 1.5.5.x you need a little vqmod that will reduce the number of database queries and drasticly speed up opencart.

depending on your version, i can attach correct vqmod for you

Koeltechnische deurrubbers eenvoudig online op maat bestellen.
Alle niet stekplichtige onderdelen zoals scharnieren, sloten, randverwarming en verlichting voor alle typen koelingen en vriezers.
https://koelcel-onderdelen.com

Eigen productie en snelle levering.
https://123-deurrubbers.com

Expert Member

Location - Alkmaar Holland

Post by paynechia » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:02 pm

victorj wrote:what version of oc are you running.
prior to 1.5.5. x mysqli is not supported by opencart.

if you arebusinf a version prior to 1.5.5.x you need a little vqmod that will reduce the number of database queries and drasticly speed up opencart.

depending on your version, i can attach correct vqmod for you
Hi Victorj,

One of my site is running v1.5.6.1, another site is running under v1.5.6.4

Do I need the vqmod script for these 2 versions?

Thanks~

Post by victorj » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:30 pm

yes it will affect speed and server timeouts in a possitive way.

you can find it here.

http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... load_id=32

remember to switch off product count in admin of your shops

Alle niet stekplichtige onderdelen zoals scharnieren, sloten, randverwarming en verlichting voor alle typen koelingen en vriezers.
https://koelcel-onderdelen.com

Eigen productie en snelle levering.
https://123-deurrubbers.com

Expert Member

Location - Alkmaar Holland

Post by cwswebdesign » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:01 pm

Changing to MySqli and using the script that you mentioned earlier will help you a lot. Also, make sure you have category counts turned off in the admin as mentioned but I don't see the need for the other vqmods mentioned.

You can end up with too many scripts trying to do the same thing and causing conflict behind the scenes.

DL

Thanks!

Location - USA

Post by paynechia » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:08 am

victorj wrote:yes it will affect speed and server timeouts in a possitive way.

you can find it here.

http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... load_id=32

remember to switch off product count in admin of your shops
Hi victorj, thanks for your kind sharing :) I have been using this extension for some time. I guess the root cause of the high server load has something to do with the software of the server. My host had updated the software, the shopping cart is running well now.

Post by paynechia » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:22 am

cwswebdesign wrote:Changing to MySqli and using the script that you mentioned earlier will help you a lot. Also, make sure you have category counts turned off in the admin as mentioned but I don't see the need for the other vqmods mentioned.

You can end up with too many scripts trying to do the same thing and causing conflict behind the scenes.

DL
Hi cwswebdesign, Wow, thanks a lot for your highlights. I will review all the vqmod that I have installed,
will remove them if they are not necessary.

By the way, I just try to set the config file to mysqli, I see blank page again, it shows error below in the error log:

Code: Select all

PHP Warning:  mysqli::mysqli() [<a href='mysqli.mysqli'>mysqli.mysqli</a>]: Premature end of data (mysqlnd_wireprotocol.c:553) in /home/myshoppi/public_html/system/database/mysqli.php on line 6
PHP Warning:  mysqli::mysqli() [<a href='mysqli.mysqli'>mysqli.mysqli</a>]: OK packet 1 bytes shorter than expected in /home/myshoppi/public_html/system/database/mysqli.php on line 6
PHP Warning:  mysqli::mysqli() [<a href='mysqli.mysqli'>mysqli.mysqli</a>]: (HY000/2000): mysqlnd cannot connect to MySQL 4.1+ using the old insecure authentication. Please use an administration tool to reset your password with the command SET PASSWORD = PASSWORD('your_existing_password'). This will store a new, and more secure, hash value in mysql.user. If this user is used in other scripts executed by PHP 5.2 or earlier you might need to remove the old-passwords flag from your my.cnf file in /home/myshoppi/public_html/system/database/mysqli.php on line 6
PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'ErrorException' with message 'Error: Could not make a database link (2000) mysqlnd cannot connect to MySQL 4.1+ using the old insecure authentication. Please use an administration tool to reset your password with the command SET PASSWORD = PASSWORD('your_existing_password'). This will store a new, and more secure, hash value in mysql.user. If this user is used in other scripts executed by PHP 5.2 or earlier you might need to remove the old-passwords flag from your my.cnf file' in /home/myshoppi/public_html/system/database/mysqli.php:9
Stack trace:
#0 /home/myshoppi/public_html/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_library_db.php(13): DBMySQLi->__construct('localhost', 'myshoppi_admin', 'xxxxxxxxx', 'myshoppi_table...')
#1 /home/myshoppi/public_html/admin/index.php(41): DB->__construct('mysqli', 'localhost', 'myshoppi_admin', 'xxxxxxxxx', 'myshoppi_table...')
#2 {main}
  thrown in /home/myshoppi/public_html/system/database/mysqli.php on line 9

Post by cwswebdesign » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:22 am

paynechia wrote:
cwswebdesign wrote:Changing to MySqli and using the script that you mentioned earlier will help you a lot. Also, make sure you have category counts turned off in the admin as mentioned but I don't see the need for the other vqmods mentioned.

DL
Hi cwswebdesign, Wow, thanks a lot for your highlights. I will review all the vqmod that I have installed,
will remove them if they are not necessary.

By the way, I just try to set the config file to mysqli, I see blank page again, it shows error below in the error log:

Code: Select all

PHP Warning:  mysqli::mysqli() [<a href='mysqli.mysqli'>mysqli.mysqli</a>]: Premature end of data (mysqlnd_wireprotocol.c:553) in /home/myshoppi/public_html/system/database/mysqli.php on line 6
PHP Warning:  mysqli::mysqli() [<a href='mysqli.mysqli'>mysqli.mysqli</a>]: OK packet 1 bytes shorter than expected in /home/myshoppi/public_html/system/database/mysqli.php on line 6
PHP Warning:  mysqli::mysqli() [<a href='mysqli.mysqli'>mysqli.mysqli</a>]: (HY000/2000): mysqlnd cannot connect to MySQL 4.1+ using the old insecure authentication. Please use an administration tool to reset your password with the command SET PASSWORD = PASSWORD('your_existing_password'). This will store a new, and more secure, hash value in mysql.user. If this user is used in other scripts executed by PHP 5.2 or earlier you might need to remove the old-passwords flag from your my.cnf file in /home/myshoppi/public_html/system/database/mysqli.php on line 6
PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'ErrorException' with message 'Error: Could not make a database link (2000) mysqlnd cannot connect to MySQL 4.1+ using the old insecure authentication. Please use an administration tool to reset your password with the command SET PASSWORD = PASSWORD('your_existing_password'). This will store a new, and more secure, hash value in mysql.user. If this user is used in other scripts executed by PHP 5.2 or earlier you might need to remove the old-passwords flag from your my.cnf file' in /home/myshoppi/public_html/system/database/mysqli.php:9
Stack trace:
#0 /home/myshoppi/public_html/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_library_db.php(13): DBMySQLi->__construct('localhost', 'myshoppi_admin', 'xxxxxxxxx', 'myshoppi_table...')
#1 /home/myshoppi/public_html/admin/index.php(41): DB->__construct('mysqli', 'localhost', 'myshoppi_admin', 'xxxxxxxxx', 'myshoppi_table...')
#2 {main}
  thrown in /home/myshoppi/public_html/system/database/mysqli.php on line 9
So I'm only guessing since I can't see your files and you're writing in singular vs. plural terms, did you update both config files to 'mysqli'? I haven't seen this error before so I'm blindly guessing what might be going on.

DL

Thanks!

Location - USA