Post by Pete011 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:15 pm

Hi All

Hope you can help. I am trying to understand if I need to keep the Google sitemap enabled (under Extension/Product Feeds).

I normally go to Google Webmasters Tools once a week to re-submit (refresh) the sitemap.

I noticed in Admin under Extension/Product Feeds that the Google Sitemap is enabled. What does this actually do? Would it make any difference if I disable it? Would it have any impact on the performance or my SEO rankings etc i.e. given that I re-submit my sitemap in Google Webmasters Tools once a week anyway)?

Would appreciate help and your thoughts.

Many Thanks

Post by cwswebdesign » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:48 am

Pete011 wrote:Hi All

Hope you can help. I am trying to understand if I need to keep the Google sitemap enabled (under Extension/Product Feeds).

I normally go to Google Webmasters Tools once a week to re-submit (refresh) the sitemap.

I noticed in Admin under Extension/Product Feeds that the Google Sitemap is enabled. What does this actually do? Would it make any difference if I disable it? Would it have any impact on the performance or my SEO rankings etc i.e. given that I re-submit my sitemap in Google Webmasters Tools once a week anyway)?

Would appreciate help and your thoughts.

Many Thanks
Hi,

Yes you need to keep this enabled or else your sitemap won't be updated when you add and remove products, categories, etc. You shouldn't need to manually re submit your sitemap to Google or other search engines after you've given them the URL.

DL

This account is inactive. Look for us under the name 'EvolveWebHosting' and contact us under that username.

Thanks!

Location - USA