Post by paradoxx » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:07 am

Hi everyone, I hope you are all doing well. I have a question for all you programmers and/or programmers for necessity like me :D I would like to have in my shop a feature that shows the estimated delivery time, but so far I have just founded extensions that are meant to pick a delivery date at the cart or checkout process.

What I need/want ist for example, a dropdown list on the admin/product data page with different estimated delivery times (customizable or fixed) so they can be displayed somewhere on the product page (frontend side). The estimated delivery would be for example, "2-3 days after received payment" or "10-15 days after received payment", etc for different products. What I want with this? With this the customer can have an idea how long it takes to have the item delivered after receiving the payment.

Have someone seen something like this before? I have searched deeply the extensions market and here on the forums not that deep, and so far nothing similar.

Thank you very much for any tip, help or comment.

Have a nice world cup weekend!
Last edited by paradoxx on Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post by victorj » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:29 am

this is not a standard function in opencart, but with some tweaks in your admin it can be done.

go into admin
find:
system -> localisation -> stock statuses
insert all needed delivery times for your products.

now go to your product and edit a product set product stock to 0 and select desired out of stocjk status to requiered delivery time

go to system -> settings -> your shop -> tab options

select display stock set t o no
out of stock warning set to no
stock checkout set to yes

Koeltechnische deurrubbers eenvoudig online op maat bestellen.
Alle niet stekplichtige onderdelen zoals scharnieren, sloten, randverwarming en verlichting voor alle typen koelingen en vriezers.
https://koelcel-onderdelen.com

Expert Member

Location - Alkmaar Holland

Post by paradoxx » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:40 am

victorj wrote:this is not a standard function in opencart, but with some tweaks in your admin it can be done.

go into admin
find:
system -> localisation -> stock statuses
insert all needed delivery times for your products.

now go to your product and edit a product set product stock to 0 and select desired out of stocjk status to requiered delivery time

go to system -> settings -> your shop -> tab options

select display stock set t o no
out of stock warning set to no
stock checkout set to yes
Thank you victor for answering, I edited my post because I think I didnt explained myself well and missed some small details.

This process that you described to me, is referring to product stock statuses?

Post by victorj » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:01 am

You Are correct, i have a site where product are made to client specification and needed same option as you described.
so created this work around, and yes it uses stock status but now delivery time is displayed on product page, and that is what i wanted to inform clients.

forgot to mention, also edited the language file for product page and altered stock status to estimated delivery time.

And indeed i never found a mod that does what you need so hence this work around

Koeltechnische deurrubbers eenvoudig online op maat bestellen.
Alle niet stekplichtige onderdelen zoals scharnieren, sloten, randverwarming en verlichting voor alle typen koelingen en vriezers.
https://koelcel-onderdelen.com

Expert Member

Location - Alkmaar Holland

Post by paradoxx » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:19 am

Thats a really clever solution btw, but I actually need the stock status for the products I will be selling. But in case nothing shows up, this will be my solution Victor. I think you have the same need as me because we are under the same EU rules ;D I really thank you very much for this with both thumbs up!

Post by paradoxx » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:02 am

Anyone, please?

Post by Haarni » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:41 am

I need this solution too, anyone who can help :)

http://elsalg.dk

Post by paradoxx » Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:45 pm

Yes elfstone! the second link is something I can work with. Searching for extension can be sometimes tricky ;] I have to ask the developer if the full text is customizable. Thank you very much!