Post by uNeverNo » Mon May 05, 2014 5:35 pm

Hi, guys. My old opencart forum nickname is marcelwoo and I started developing a phpbb like forum for the opencart e-commerce system back in 2011. It's a forum script almost the same as phpbb but written with opencart's MVC framework. I built it from scratch and was almost done with it after half a year of hard work and dedication.

Story about my forum project and why I gave it up

Then a dramatic disaster in my life, which I could not bear and almost broke down, struck. I felt hopeless and almost gave up everything at the time. Yes, almost everything. I moved to a new place, trying to escape from all those haunting moments which used to make me feel happy and fulfilled yet finally came so close to resulting in breakdowns. The full recovery from the psychological and metal hurt takes a really long time, almost two years, so long that I finally got over it and long enough to allow me to face my life bravely again. One of the things I gave up is my forum project built with Opencart's framework.

What I am thinking about now

I am now considering continuing the project and giving the finishing touches to it, but I am not sure how many people will be interested in my project. It will be commercial and I plan to sell it at $99, 'cause I need to pay my bills and feed my family. If there are sufficient number of people, I plan to release my first beta forum within around a month. If few are interested, I might just drop this project.

Lots of coders make simple Opencart extensions, which only take from an hour to a couple of days of work yet sell for at least $15, some sell at $99. If few are interested in my forum project, I might just drop it and code extensions of other types, since those extensions take less time and I can code many extensions and earn enough money to support myself and my family.

Let me know what you guys think about my project. Thanks.

Links to screenshots and old thred about my project

This is the link to my original post about the project and you can read all the available features of my forum script there:
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=61536

This the link to the screentshots of my forum project:
http://s983.photobucket.com/user/marcel ... t=3&page=1

Post in the forum yet no one's willing to help? Contact me for free opencart coding or configuration assistance. Reach me at uneverno1986#gmail.com(replace # with @). But no free extension development request. Sorry about that :( It could take a few days to make a complicated mod.

If you feel I have helped, a donation is optional and appreciated. Image

Post by i2Paq » Mon May 05, 2014 6:21 pm

Welcome back!

I've closed the topic from the other you ;)

I wish you well.

Sometimes live sends you a message and only a strong man will recognize that message and comes back: STRONGER!

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by uNeverNo » Mon May 05, 2014 10:31 pm

i2Paq wrote:Welcome back!

I've closed the topic from the other you ;)

I wish you well.

Sometimes live sends you a message and only a strong man will recognize that message and comes back: STRONGER!
Thanks i2Paq :)

Post in the forum yet no one's willing to help? Contact me for free opencart coding or configuration assistance. Reach me at uneverno1986#gmail.com(replace # with @). But no free extension development request. Sorry about that :( It could take a few days to make a complicated mod.

If you feel I have helped, a donation is optional and appreciated. Image

Post by paynetech » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:21 am

I'm sorry there's been so little interest on this thread, because this is a product I would be very interested in.

the phpBB bridge only works on 1.5.6.4 and I'm looking to add a forum to v2.0.1.1

The problem you will have is that v2 of opencart probably causes plenty of problems for your existing codebase, and I can't imagine why there hasn't been much interest in this thread. You seem to have got a long way and it looks to be an excellent start to a great product. I'm sure if you did finish it, it would sell. I'd pay $99 for it if it was available now.

But I will have to go for phpBB instead, without a login bridge. Because it is available now.

Hope you are feeling more positive, sorry to hear you had some struggles. It's ok to fall, just remember to pick yourself back up like the man you are ;)

Post by wenza8 » Mon May 04, 2015 10:13 pm

I'm very interested with this module. Is it available in market?

Post by danten » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:18 pm

Yes, I'd also be interested in buying this extension!

"Sometimes life will test you but remember this: When you walk up a mountain, your legs get stronger."

OpenCart Shops Online
Custom USB Flash Drives - Wholesale Electronics & Android OEM Factory MegaStore

Location - Hong Kong