Post by bertjebel » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:40 pm

Hello,

I hope some people want to help me with a question I can't solve myself. Since two weeks there is a huge bounce rate on my stores. Bounce rate went from about 33% up to 90% . I narrowed it down to safari and explorer. I tested them myself but all is working fine when I test. I hope some of you want to go to the store and let me know if it works and if not what browser u use.
http://tinyurl.com/p4zmmtx

Thanks in advance.

Alfred

My shops running Opencart Multistore:
Koptelefoon, audio kabels en speakers kopen
Led lampen en verlichting
Alle kabels- audiokabel, computerkabel, stroomkabel
Koptelefoon en In ear oordopjes / oortjes Apple iPhone, Samsung Smartphone
Smartphone hoesjes en oordopjes Apple iPhone en Samsung
Online Aanbiedingen en Sales
Hoesjes, Covers en accessoires Tablet en smartphone

Post by moneycarlo » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:10 am

have you made any other site changes in that time? Like that ajax popup when you hover over a product. I can see how that could be annoying and causing people to leave. I used chrome.
Might not be a browser issue but maybe some changes in the site..

Post by bertjebel » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:32 am

@moneycarlo

There where no changes in the sites design. That is what makes it strange. Also chrome visitors still are arround 33% bounce. In the statistics explorer and safari causing the high bounce rates. Can't find or think of a reason why

My shops running Opencart Multistore:
Koptelefoon, audio kabels en speakers kopen
Led lampen en verlichting
Alle kabels- audiokabel, computerkabel, stroomkabel
Koptelefoon en In ear oordopjes / oortjes Apple iPhone, Samsung Smartphone
Smartphone hoesjes en oordopjes Apple iPhone en Samsung
Online Aanbiedingen en Sales
Hoesjes, Covers en accessoires Tablet en smartphone

Post by k2tec » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:44 pm

When I click on your home page on the images there is no link to the product. Sometimes it goes to the product but most of the time not.
Your tip images are OK, but the rest not.

Post by k2tec » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:29 pm

OK now I see the 4 images on your product image on the home page, if I click on that it's OK. But I think a lot cuctomers click on the black square.

Post by labeshops » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:44 pm

Your sites seem to be working fine across all browsers, though I am wondering if they are using mobile or desktop? I tend to see more bounces on mobile than desktop and wonder if this is the case with yours as well, especially as I see you don't have a responsive theme (something I'm just working on myself). Safari has a mobile version and IE is on surface tablets and windows phones now too I believe.

The mouseover effects you have would be difficult to manage with a mobile (they aren't easy to manage on a desktop) - the quick view thing goes off the screen and you end up having to scroll to try to read it. The 4 symbols on the photo may also confuse people as you cannot read the tooltips on a mobile screen well. Your main menu drops down and covers everything, even if you accidentally roll over it. You might want to change some of these to clickable actions instead of mouseover actions. Adding an item to the cart takes them straight to the checkout page - which can be a good or bad thing as it discourages additional sales. This may be a big factor to your sales as you are selling a lot of small items - items people may want to group up into 1 purchase rather than buy 1 at a time. It's not very clear how to get back out of that and keep shopping if they want to. Admittedly, I don't speak your language so it may say more than I can see, but just looking at it from a purely visual and usability point of view, these are the things I notice.

I'd say you need to dig a little deeper and see where most of your exits are happening - are they leaving from the homepage? If so, the mouseovers may be the culprit or perhaps they aren't seeing what brought them to your site (check the search terms people are using to get there) so leaving right away. Are they leaving from the checkout page - perhaps straight from home to checkout to gone? If so, you might want to make shopping for other items more noticeable. You also might want to add info to your checkout page such as shipping information, how to contact you with questions, etc. Are they coming from mobile or tablet? Then you need to work on the design for both.

Unfortunately, bounce rate can be hard to track down and fix. It's a lot of trial and error and investigating. And I find it can vary a lot from month to month or even week to week for apparently no reason.

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by labeshops » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:43 am

After I posted the above, I found something in an article on mobile:

"Safari is a browser made by Apple, and by which, used in all Apple devices, including iPhones and iPads. Now imagine your site being loaded on a Safari browser, using a 4 inch iPhone, wouldn't that turn someone off if they see your site is not optimised?"

So, this is most likely why you are getting so many bounces in Safari.

Not sure if IE is due to mobile as well, but it's a pretty good bet it might be.

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA