Post by ShaneTFletcher » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:20 pm

Hey all, I've just got a simple question - Is opencart really what I'm looking for?

So ok, here is what I want and the situation -

A friend asked me about an e-commerce website, this was around 3 years ago. I had no knowledge of how to create such websites, so I Googled. My first find was Prestashop and felt that the tool just felt horrible to edit, customize and not really great for me to recommend. After looking at other shopping cart tool's, I found Opencart. I've now been using Opencart for around 2-3 years now and I absolute love it.
However, I found that Opencart lacked 1 thing, this was to create a CMS website onto of products, categories. Let me example in more detail - Let's say I've already got a website named www.stf.....co.uk and this is running via a CMS tool (lets say GetSimple XML based). I would like to add a link within this website named shop. This would then take me to the products page, or just simply display the category added in Opencart.
Now, I cannot import my design on www.stf.....co.uk to Opencart and allow full edit on text etc like it's set out with my CMS. From this, all of the text, images would have to be placed within the coding and not to be edited by a CMS. Great for me but not great for clients or people who does not know anything about HTML.

Now ok, Opencart is what it says - a cart. So with my requirements, my question is above.

Just to add - I have no cost in building an Opencart website so paid modules are out of question.

Thanks,

Peace

Post by xArjuna » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:02 pm

I am having exactly the same questions, just some time later.
Please tell me how it will be easy to integrate with GetSimple so that my client can manage both easily?