Post by lovol3 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:47 pm

Hi all.

This is not a technical question, doesn't apply to any specific version of OC. Applies to any e-commerce, doesn't need OC. But....

What is the best tip/simple thing you did/do to increase sales?

I'll start us off.

Email followups.. you bought X, you should try Y with that

I added email followups when customers bought specific items in a category, they got a specific recommendation for what else goes well with that. Sales directly from this alone account for 5% of revenue, sometimes way more in a month, one month was 19%!

Post by johnp » Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:53 pm

I find a lot of sales come in from newsletter marketing. Build your site mailing list as large as you can and send out regular newsletter with offers and discounts etc. To keep the value of the brand up you can sell low value items through the newsletters you would not necessarily want showing on the site. Read the market. If the average spend of the customer is say £25 then create a product or package that fits that price. Reading the market and adapting to it is a valuable skill.

Opencart 1.5.6.5/OC Bootstrap Pro/VQMOD lover, user and geek.
Affordable Service £££ - Opencart Installs, Fixing, Development and Upgrades
Plus Ecommerce, Marketing, Mailing List Management and More
FREE Guidance and Advice at https://www.ecommerce-help.co.uk

Location - Surrey, UK

Post by lovol3 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:01 pm

johnp wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:53 pm
I find a lot of sales come in from newsletter marketing. Build your site mailing list as large as you can and send out regular newsletter with offers and discounts etc. To keep the value of the brand up you can sell low value items through the newsletters you would not necessarily want showing on the site. Read the market. If the average spend of the customer is say £25 then create a product or package that fits that price. Reading the market and adapting to it is a valuable skill.
Thank you, that's a great idea. You're right there are things I've thought of in the past but didn't want it on the site distracting/confusing our customers.

Also what's great tip about pricing it to match what people are willing to spend.

I track the average order value and cart items in my non OC dashboard.

Thank you.

Would be great to hear what others do/put.

Post by Module Market » Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:07 pm

1) Social Media Marketing
Facebook Ads Google ads
2) Newsletter Marketing
3) you Make Discount Coupons.
4) First Order 20% Percent discount.
5) For Example if Customer Placed 500 USD Order you will 25 USD back to Customer Wallet
Customer will again to Order you Because Customer Wallet now 25 USD this is Just Example
6) If Customer Review In your Store give 2 USD in Wallet
7) Most Important Customer Want only Big Discount , best Quality Product with better Services. if you give this all to Customer your Store will never loss in Future.

Post by lovol3 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:45 am

Module Market wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:07 pm
1) Social Media Marketing
Facebook Ads Google ads
2) Newsletter Marketing
3) you Make Discount Coupons.
4) First Order 20% Percent discount.
5) For Example if Customer Placed 500 USD Order you will 25 USD back to Customer Wallet
Customer will again to Order you Because Customer Wallet now 25 USD this is Just Example
6) If Customer Review In your Store give 2 USD in Wallet
7) Most Important Customer Want only Big Discount , best Quality Product with better Services. if you give this all to Customer your Store will never loss in Future.
Thank you for those great ideas.

The customer wallet sounds like a great idea... Do you know how to do that technically in OC version 2?

I always feel conned when it's a first order discount... I just re register with the website to get the discount every time 😃

Post by Joe1234 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:31 am

lovol3 wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:45 am
I always feel conned when it's a first order discount... I just re register with the website to get the discount every time 😃
That's why when you set it up in your store you match the register against the email and/or billing phone number/address instead of just the email.

v3.0.3.9 php 8.1
I'm here for a reason, if your response is contact a/the developer, just don't reply.

Post by Module Market » Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:31 am

send me your Skype ID in Our email Id : modulesmarket@gmail.com we will help you increase your Store Sale.

Post by lovol3 » Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:34 am

Joe1234 wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:31 am
lovol3 wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:45 am
That's why when you set it up in your store you match the register against the email and/or billing phone number/address instead of just the email.
Thanks, yes, seems simple enough.