Post by Cue4cheap » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:48 pm

I have been watching my customer searched report and I see a LOT of searches for non product questions. i.e. How much is shipping. What is the return policy. Do you offer coupons. etc. All these questions are detailed in the footer but it looks like people do not scroll down to the footer to look.
We have spent a lot of effort to answer every type of question we can think of and answer it in various ways but they are all in the footer links.
What do you all do to help people along to find these? Do you post a bit of text in your header saying "Look at footer" or ???

Thanks!
Mike

cue4cheap not cheap quality

Expert Member

Post by johnp » Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:04 am

I adopt the belt and braces approach. Yes have it in the footer but also the top menu and a few places throughout the site. The product page left or right column is a good choice IMO as is the checkout. Wherever it is though someone will miss it.

Opencart 1.5.6.5/OC Bootstrap Pro/VQMOD lover, user and geek.
Affordable Service £££ - Opencart Installs, Fixing, Development and Upgrades
Plus Ecommerce, Marketing, Mailing List Management and More
FREE Guidance and Advice at https://www.ecommerce-help.co.uk

Location - Surrey, UK

Post by Cue4cheap » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:29 am

I didn't find, or make, a great solution but decided after seeing more searches for things like shipping info and returns, etc I added just above the search results text "** If looking for shipping, returns, etc. please scroll down to footer"

Not the best solution but I hope it helps a bit.

Mike

cue4cheap not cheap quality

Expert Member