Post by samaraki » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:37 pm

I am using Opencart 3.0.3.2, CentOS 7, Latest WHM and CPanel, All PHP Options Apache + OpCache
If I enable PHP 7.2 everything is fine.
If I enable PHP 7.3 the only issue I get is on the mofications page, sometimes not always, it will show http error 500 page.
Usually if I click refresh about 3-10x it will show the content again, although it can be annoying, you might have to click refresh page 30-40x just to make a couple little changes... It's fixed properly though by going back to php 7.2.

I'd like to use PHP 7.3 though as it gives my website about 10% extra performance, which is noticible in actual use.

My question is, does anyone know the cause of this, perhaps something in PHP 7.3 isn't by default enabled which Opencart needs?

Post by straightlight » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:23 am

If I enable PHP 7.3 the only issue I get is on the mofications page, sometimes not always, it will show http error 500 page.
Error / Server access logs unposted. Forum rules.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com contractor officials representative

Administrator

Location - Canada, ON

Post by samaraki » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:34 am

No server errors on the log.

Post by straightlight » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:25 am

Encountering an error 500 without log entries is impossible unless the server log configurations are disable to output those errors.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight

Administrator

Location - Canada, ON

Post by samaraki » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:36 am

There is plenty of errors, I assure you the error reporting is turned on.
But there is nothing generated from the 500 error I'm getting when using PHP 7.3, so it's clearly possible for it to not report.

See screenshot, not a single related error, all of these errors are from the trustwave scan I did, because I blocked a port trustwave wanted to scan, but there is nothing before or after that appears when the error is happens, for example, the error has happened on the 12th, 13th 14th, 15th, etc and you will see there is no errors on the log.

Just to note, the port block I made, had nothing to do with the issue I have, the problem I've had is ongoing from long before.

I guess I just have to wait until Opencart and other extentions are fully compatible with PHP 7.3.

Maybe I will make a clone of my store and uninstall one app at a time, perhaps process of elimination will resolve it, but really what I was asking here, is Opencart even supports the latest PHP? In which case it would be futile to try and fix the issue.

Attachments

not a single error.png

not a single error.png (381.08 KiB) Viewed 1222 times

Post by straightlight » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:11 pm

The screenshot messages you have captured are incomplete. However, what is being described can be found on Google: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/dis ... figuration .

Regards,
Straightlight

Administrator

Location - Canada, ON

Post by samaraki » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:50 am

Well the screenshot showed the latest errors, which didn't contain anything related with the dates I tested on....
However it was the wrong error log. I was looking at the main "cpanel error log"

I found the error, it was in the "Raw access" page on cpanel, and then php error log, Anyway It was being caused by lack of memory, the Modifcation page needed to use 44mb on PHP 7.3, not sure which extention or why, and why it needed so much more on php 7.3 vs 7.2... But I guess it's no so important. Although I had it set to 64mb, it clearly it wasn't enough.
So I set the memory limit on pho.ini to 1.28GB, probably overkill, but still it has plenty now and is no longer showing the error page.

Setting it so high is ok won't cause me more issues? I have 4gb of memory on my server just for one website so, I should think it's ok.

Post by straightlight » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:09 pm

1.28G out of 4G is still a good level. However, I would not suggest to increase to a too high size level.

Regards,
Straightlight

Administrator

Location - Canada, ON