Post by tom327 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:04 pm

I was wondering if it is possible to modify OpenCart so it sells one category of product in a single, linear, directed type of selling process. As opposed to having separate categories and product pages.

An example site is https://www.filtereasy.com/

On this site they sell air filters. But there are no categories or product pages.

Instead there is a single "Get Started" button.
and that leads you to five steps:

1. How many filters you want
2. The quality/grade you want and how often delivered to you
3. The size or sizes of filters you want
4. Checkout.

The site also sets up a membership, in the sense you sign up for recurring products delivered to you every 1, 2 or 3 months

Post by artcore » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:20 pm

Hi,

It can be done by a single product in OC.

1. How many filters you want
quantity product

2. The quality/grade you want and how often delivered to you
subscription profiles -> example: Medium 1 month, Medium 3 months, etc. Pro 1 month, Pro 3 months

3. The size or sizes of filters you want
product option

4. Checkout.
OC has a few built in payment methods that support automatic recurring payments. PayPal Express, SagePay. Make sure you have this working before anything else.

5. 'membership'
Your process relies on subscriptions, so I suggest playing around with profiles in OC and use sandbox environments to test everything. Auto-billing is done by the payment gateway. OC has nothing to do with this after the initial order/checkout.

Hope it helps

Attn: I no longer provide OpenCart extensions, nor future support - this includes forum posts.
Reason: OpenCart version 3+ ;D

Thanks!

Location - The Netherlands

Post by tom327 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:31 pm

That's an interesting solution ArtCore.

I do see at least one issue related to how the example website functions.

On that site for example, if customer choose that they need 10 air filters, the next screen allows customer to independently select a unique size for EACH one the ten air filters.
So they can pick 10 different sizes, and then all 10 get put into their "shopping cart".

I've setup product pages using Options where someone can pick the size they want for a single product, but how would you let a customer choose several sizes, and then each size (version) gets added to cart? Is that possible?

Post by artcore » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:45 pm

I think you need to look into product bundles as each filter is a product with options. I don't know extensions for options for options :)
This bundle wcould be be your single page.
An possible issue might be the subscription which is an independant product so to speak with its own price. If you want all selected filters to be charged on a recurring basis you need variable subscription costs.

Lot of customization :)
I'm sure such extension doesn't exist, so you might want to post a request in the commercial forum section.

Attn: I no longer provide OpenCart extensions, nor future support - this includes forum posts.

Thanks!

Post by tom327 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:07 am

Thanks for your information.
That is good idea to request if a developer would like to make an extension for this.

I think it would be popular option to sell certain products.

Post by artcore » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:01 am

Hopefully I got you in the right direction. I would help out but am currently otherwise occupied.
Cheers

Thanks!