Post by Shanewalsh2010 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:29 am

Hi Guys

Tricky issue on 1.5.1 today. My client rang me up in a panic asking me why thumnails were not showing when she uploaded new images to her image manager. I took a look and a few of the folders were like that, it would only show the alt text of the images.

I went into the server file manager and the file did upload but was just not showing. So I have cleared up the image cache and it seemed to do the trick. I also read elsewhere that turning off the error logs in the settings would also help which I am not to sure if it did or not.

But anyway she re uploaded a few files only for this issue to happen again. I am just curious if this is to do with corrupt images or if the filename of the file was too big... But if so why would images she uploaded before not show?

I am only new to opencart and how it works, so apologys if this has been asked before, I just cannot seem to find an answer. I will attach a screenshot of what i am talking about and see if you guys have experienced it.

The proble mhas been resolved once again for now but I would like to know what could be doing this? Any information will be helpful. Thanks guys.

Attachments

ohdear.jpg

ohdear.jpg (99.2 KiB) Viewed 35112 times

Post by Shanewalsh2010 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:58 am

Ok day 2 and this is what I am getting:

Can anybody here help me with this issue?

Attachments

opps.jpg

opps.jpg (216.84 KiB) Viewed 35103 times

Post by Shanewalsh2010 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:54 pm

Thanks guys. Great Forum Great help..... :'(

Post by fido-x » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:41 pm

Shanewalsh2010 wrote:Thanks guys. Great Forum Great help..... :'(
Sarcasm will get you no where.

Modules for OpenCart 2.3.0.2
Homepage Module [Free - since OpenCart 0.7.7]
Multistore Extensions
Store Manager Multi-Vendor/Multi-Store management tool

If you're not living on the edge ... you're taking up too much space!

Expert Member

Location - Tasmania, Australia

Location - Bangkok - Thailand

Post by Daniel » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:48 pm

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by iheartny2008 » Wed May 22, 2013 8:00 am

I know this was posted a while ago, but I have been going mad with this issue and my solution was in the config file:

<?php
// HTTP
define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.xxxxxxxxx.co.uk/admin/');
define('HTTP_CATALOG', 'http://www.xxxxxxxxx.co.uk/shop/');

It should have been:

<?php
// HTTP
define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.xxxxxxxxx.co.uk/admin/');
define('HTTP_CATALOG', 'http://www.xxxxxxxxx.co.uk/'); <<<<<< this bit was wrong.

I can see there have been many problems with the whole image manager/thumbnails etc, hopefully this will help someone somewhere.

Post by rockfreak » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:36 am

I know this thread is being dragged up again. SO apologies.

One of my clients reported this issue today on the latest release of the 1.5.x branch.

The problem in their case was they hada "&" in the folder name.

This will as you imagine break things amazingly.

Hope this help someone!

Post by cellularsolid » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:26 pm

I was having similar troubles recently, namely images not showing up in the manager or in my store, just the file name. I tried the various fixes mentioned above and elsewhere, including deleting the contents of image/cache, and deleting and re-uploading the files.

The fix for me was to shorten the file names and switch 'JPG' to 'jpg'. Not sure which was the issue exactly, but I suspect my long file names were to blame.

Post by Deeco » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:16 am

Sorry to bump this, but I am having this problem just today. The image upload successfully but there is no thumbnail in 'Image Manager' and it does not show elsewhere, I tried deleting cache and all that, but no luck.

Post by SaddleHill » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:03 pm

I banged my head against the same problem for hours last night Deeco, nothing worked. Then on a whim, I logged in and checked my cPanel to see which version of PHP I was using. Apparently my host had it set on a very old PHP version! I changed it to PHP 5.4 and everything is back to working again.

I haven't seen this solution mentioned anywhere (I searched like crazy and tried a ton of other things), but this one actually worked for me. Good luck!

Post by akashdeep » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:53 am

Hello Dear I am getting same problem after add extension of csv import products and using opencart version 1.5.6.2
Please Help Me to solve this problem in Project www.printout.com.au

Post by dvostitsanos » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:20 pm

I have the same problem today. Suddenly images are not showing in image manager and the back-end of my store.
I'm still developing the store, the frond looks fine but i can't upload any images any more because they don't show up, just their names.I tried to upload .png,.gif,.jpg, nothing....I went through the forums to try to find a solution, a post...nothing that i haven't tried so far. I am running an openCart 1.5.6.4 on a linux server, PHP version is 5.4, haven't uploaded any weird modules (extensions) haven't touched the script in the file directory, only cleared the images of the demo openCart.
Although i am a new user (openCart) i have been working with online store software for the last 8 years (cs-cart) but i really can't solve this out.
All NEW ideas are more than welcome as long as you know the subject and you run the same version.
Thank you.

:bang: :bash:

Post by i2Paq » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:39 am

Names with spaces in it or .JPG ipv. .jpg?

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by wedesignla » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:41 am

any luck? i have the same as above, new everything. was working and now has stopped. this is a pretty bad bug. please someone post a fix! i have the same setup / scenario as dvostitsanos

Post by dvostitsanos » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:57 pm

I've tried all the above and much more...but still no luck guys. At least there is no problem at the Front end!!! :banana:

Post by davidcropley » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:38 am

The only solution I've found is to use an image manager download from the extensions shop. You may have to pay for it but it solves the problem for now. Thumbnails still don't show in the products list in admin but at least you can see what you're uploading. I used Image Manager 2 + which works fine with 1.5.6.4.

Post by akkk07 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:49 am

Bugs with adding image

In my open cart admin panel, when i try to add image, the pop up screen kinda freeze and hang with the login screen again and again. See the attached.

Please help

Attachments

bugs.jpg

bugs.jpg (167.5 KiB) Viewed 24120 times

Post by nilav_envy » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:21 pm

any solution found ?? :/

Post by i2Paq » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:10 pm

nilav_envy wrote:any solution found ?? :/
For what?

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands