Post by smellfood » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:44 am

Hello folks, today I found opencart and it looks very fine, but I have a little question: Is posible to use opencart for selling domain names and web hosting?, I'm looking for a software that allows to do that, I found one called WHMCS but is licensed, I want to know if opencart can do that.

Thanks,

Location - Cienfuegos, Cuba

Post by Chaniyth » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:20 pm

OpenCart allows you to run and manage whatever kind of shop you want, [providing you have scripting knowledge --- for self created customized modules for YOUR needs etc].

OpenCart comes with PayPal payment modules, and a goodthing about PayPal, is they offer monthly recurring payment options for merchants, etc. You may however need to make the user accounts by hand [for web hosting] unless you know scripting, which in that case it could become an automated process at checkout completion.

OpenCart is just that, open, possibilities are just about endless. It is after all an Open Source eCommerce shopping cart solution. :)

Post by SXGuy » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:54 pm

how would you go about giving the customer, cpanel and domain access? i wouldnt even attempt to use opencart unless its strictly just to sell domain names and webhosting, and then forward the customer with cpanel info.

You can mod options to allow for domain name checking.

Post by smellfood » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:10 pm

Thanks, At this moment, I'm thinking to not offer CPANEL or Domain Control. I'll do that by myself. I'm in a country with money exchange controls (We can't exchange our local currency to dollar or another currency :-[ ), I'm thinking to offer web design services including hosting and domain name, and administer all by myself, All steps will be in manual process, only check for the domain name and if is available the customer can save the domain name and then the customer deposit in my bank account, and after that I'll check the payment if is correct, I'll buy the domain with our local goverment (that they process the payment manually). So, to sell a domain name will take at least 3 days :'(

Best regards,

Post by SXGuy » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:48 am

for what you require then yes you could do this.

There are a few free php domain name availablity scripts out there if you search, this could be used to modify a type of option text area, whereby the customer types a domain name and clicks the check button, if it returns that its free, you can allow the customer to proceed and then that domain name is stored in the order as a product option.

You can charge a standard price for domain name on that option, or if you wish to charge by domain extension type, then this would need to be another product option.

Post by smellfood » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:25 am

Thank you very much for your help ;D