Post by leelanau » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:08 am

Hello-

I am new to the OpenCart world, but so far I like what I have seen. I just installed my first OpenCart cart and I am playing around with it and loving it. I came from a OSCommerce and ZenCart environment. I have converted shopping cart contents and cutomers/order history from OSCommerce to ZenCart before and I am wondering if there is anyone who has converted these types of carts over to OpenCart yet. Please let me know as I have a whole bunch to switch over if this is possible. Thanks!

-Leelanau Communications (http://www.leelanau.com)
Last edited by i2Paq on Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title adjusted

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:11 pm

Welcome to the Opencart community.

As regards converting from OSCommerce to Opencart: As far as I know there is a module for OSCommerce which enables you to export your categories and products to a spreadsheet. When done, do the same for Opencart using the Export/Import module available from the Opencart contributions. The format of the spreadsheet worksheets of OSCommerce and Opencart won't be the same. However, you should be able to manually copy and paste the worksheet columns from the OSCommerce to the Opencart worksheets. Once done, do an Import of the Opencart spreadsheet to the Opencart server. The final step would involve uploading all your product and category images via FTP to your Opencart server.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by hellsmash » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:40 am

Hi I have writen query based script that do this without spreadsheets or something like that. Just have to import "categories", "categories_description", "products", "products_description", "products_to_categories", "manufacturers", "manufacturers_info", "address_book", "categories", "categories_description", "customers", "customers_info" from Oscommerce to Opencart. Then configure the script and lunch it. For more info and lay to contact with me use the contact form in my site stscript.info.
Last edited by hellsmash on Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

From and To Opencart Data Migration services | XML/CSV/XLS/TXT to Opencart data entry service | Opencart Update | Viste Bulgaria

Post by hellsmash » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:08 pm

Hi everyone i have updated my script. Custumer orders and order information migration was included.

More information here
Last edited by hellsmash on Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

From and To Opencart Data Migration services | XML/CSV/XLS/TXT to Opencart data entry service | Opencart Update | Viste Bulgaria

Post by hellsmash » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:00 am

Hi everyone my script is updated. Now supports product attributes conversation. See it in my site http://stscript.info/oscommerce-to-open ... te-support

If you had questions use my contact form.

Post by mike_jandreau » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:55 am

hellsmash wrote:Hi everyone my script is updated. Now supports product attributes conversation. See it in my site http://stscript.info/oscommerce-to-open ... te-support

Does anyone have any experience with this script? Is it worth $20 US to give it a try?

I can always manually move over the products in my case, but there's quite a few of them. $20 isn't a lot of money, but if it doesn't work at all, I don't want to bother trying.

Post by hellsmash » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:04 am

mike_jandreau wrote:
hellsmash wrote:Hi everyone my script is updated. Now supports product attributes conversation. See it in my site http://stscript.info/oscommerce-to-open ... te-support

Does anyone have any experience with this script? Is it worth $20 US to give it a try?

I can always manually move over the products in my case, but there's quite a few of them. $20 isn't a lot of money, but if it doesn't work at all, I don't want to bother trying.
Hi i am developer of this script if you have questions you can ask me :) In my site there is a google talk widget you can use it to contact with me. I will help you with migration and if you want i can add extra fields to the script.

Post by mike_jandreau » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:15 pm

Thanks for the offer.

I actually managed just fine with the export from osCommerce (via ezpopulate) and the import/export extension in OpenCart.

It took a few tries to merge the two different spreadsheets, but it worked great.

Post by jferezy » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:24 am

Stefan is the man! It would have taken hours to get what the import script for oscommerce to opencart did for us. His support was perfect - I never once felt like I was a bother and he was easy to get in touch with for any silly questions I had... This script works! Rock on Stefan! and Thanks!

Post by noodzaken » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:18 pm

Hi, Stefan Stefanov (hellsmash6) migrated my OSC database to Opencart and did a great job! Great support and service, an abusolute 5***** !!!

Post by KeyLeeAM » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:11 pm

My friend tried export data and import to OpenCart. However, some fields are not matched and errors of data system occured. I think using osCommerce to OpenCart migration is good. Great job!

Post by Hannah00 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:19 pm

The differences between two shopping carts are serious barriers to move data from one cart to other cart. With different structures, if you want to export data from osCommerce and import to OpenCart properly, it is not easy and even hides many errors. User can try OpenCart migration extension to transfer products from oscommerce to opencart. It is not free extension. However I think the result that it brings can equaled the price.

Opencart migration & upgrade tool

Post by cbblol » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:38 pm

Hi if only migration customers password from osCommerce to openCart.
How can I do ? Because all the products,categories and orders has been successfully conversion by myself.

Post by Hannah00 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:42 pm

It has an extension to move customer password from oscommerce to opencart. Although they are two different platforms.

Opencart migration & upgrade tool

Post by Cart2Cart Team » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:36 am

cbblol wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:38 pm
Hi if only migration customers password from osCommerce to openCart.
How can I do ? Because all the products,categories and orders has been successfully conversion by myself.
Hello guys! It`s Cart2Cart team!

You can migrate your customers passwords with the help of our service - https://www.shopping-cart-migration.com ... -migration

To make sure of its high quality, you may try a Free Demo migration.

If any tech-related answers needed, our Cart2Cart Support is always there for you!

Our pleasure to help.
Regards,
Cart2Cart Team

Cart2Cart - simple, fast and effective migration to OpenCart