Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:25 pm

refresh the page. The download count is meant to deter people from sharing the link and downloading from more than one place. Spamming the download button in the same session is moot.
I think this should happen automatically. Shouldn't be too hard to implement with a bit of Ajax callback triggered by a click to the download button.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by Qphoria » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:41 pm

If there was a real purpose we would. But logically it has no need. I know that for me it is better the way it now because there are times where I've clicked on a download and chose "Open" instead of "Save". Well "open" puts the file into your windows temp directory somewhere. But then you realize you want it saved somewhere else, so intuitively you click "download" again and this time you are sure to click "save".

Or if they are on dial up and they get to 95% and it quits due to comm error.. they should be able to reconnect their modem and click download again without problem.

You aren't out to screw the actual customer who bought the product so they should be able to click it as many times as they want during that page load.

If anything, we can just change "Remaining" to "Remaining per Session" or "Remaining per Page load"

The ultimate goal is to prevent customer A from downloading it and then posting the link on the internet so that others can download it randomly, effectively pirating it. The way it works now still prevents that which is all that matters.

Administrator

Post by scot80 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:59 am

The "Home" Position for modules is a good idea. Maybe you can also add the "footer" position?

The rest looks great... I don't like the Option tab in the products (since 1.4.7?) but I think this is a question of taste.

Location - Germany

Post by Qphoria » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:24 am

The option tab redesign was planned because I agree, it is butt ugly and extremely hard to use and non-intuitive. It will have to wait for 1.4.9

As far as the module position.. The way they work is a little tricky. Obviously if they are on the side they use the "smaller" design. And if they are in the home area they use a "larger" design.

Currently they use different tpl files
left/right uses the normal latest.tpl
home uses "latest_home.tpl"

I could add "latest_header.tpl" and "latest_footer.tpl" or maybe those would be the same.

But really the existing children system will also allow you to add modules already with some slight css additions.
Like the attached image. This is achieved by setting the sideboxes to left/right and disabling them. Then adding the modules to the children.

Code: Select all

$this->children = array(
	'common/header',
	'common/footer',
	'common/column_left',
	'common/column_right',
	'common/column_center',
	'module/bestseller',
	'module/featured',
	'module/special'
);
Then in the tpl can echo $bestseller, $featured, and $special. You can do this in the header, footer, controller pages, or where ever.

Attachments

small_centered.jpg

small_centered.jpg (48.29 KiB) Viewed 13292 times

Administrator

Post by shoo002 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:42 am

Great topics being tossed about here and so far liking the outcomes that our trust worthy developers are working towards. A few questions i have.

Has the mail section of admin panel been altered. (I requested a while back that a search/filter function much like the one in the product section to be added) just wondered if this was dont at all.(more of a hope actually). :-)

Much like my first question could a search be added to the much anticipated order entry (Dont think i dont realise its not an easy job or I dont appreciate your efforts already)

Can we add the functionality to change the thumbnail size of categories and products seperately. I have my shop set to have the 2 main categories on my homepage and would like to make them larger but not change the other categories, sub categories or products. (I know the product thumbnails can be changed in the admin settings already)

Can JNeuhoff's import export mod be included in the core release.

And lastly, THANKYOU, when can we be expecting to get our hands on this baby.

Regards
Stewart

Post by akarikuu » Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:19 pm

Hello,

really nice work.
2 questions:
  • When deactivating reviews, it is still possible to sort products by rating in a category view. Is this behavior correct?
  • A minimum quantity by product (for example 10) doesn't mean that they can order only multiples of 10 (10, 20, 30 ...). Is this behavior correct? Can the restriction to order only multiples be achieved? I mean by myself of course :)

Post by JJJaved » Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:26 pm

1. There are NO Model Numbers showing in Admin>Coupon>Products AS in Admin>Products>Links>Related Products to make the life easy.

2. If from the Order ID:#90, one returned item has to be refunded; to make the correct refund, how do we know if the 10% coupon discount was applied on that item or not? ???

Thanks

Attachments

coupon.gif

coupon.gif (27.17 KiB) Viewed 13237 times

Location - Cardiff - UK

Post by vkaltchev » Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:41 pm

Such an impressive list of improvements; congratulations!

And "yes" we want more :) Can we start a "wish list" for 1.4.9 ?
- free shipping only for a few products while the rest use another type of shipping rates

Valentina

Post by Qphoria » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:04 pm

vkaltchev wrote:Such an impressive list of improvements; congratulations!

- free shipping only for a few products while the rest use another type of shipping rates

Valentina
Free shipping per product has always been there. Its called "Requires Shipping". Set it to "no" if you don't want to charge shipping on that item.

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:05 pm

JJJaved wrote:1. There are NO Model Numbers showing in Admin>Coupon>Products AS in Admin>Products>Links>Related Products to make the life easy.

2. If from the Order ID:#90, one returned item has to be refunded; to make the correct refund, how do we know if the 10% coupon discount was applied on that item or not? ???

Thanks
1. I can add it
2. You've already mentioned this. The order edit feature will be simple at first. It's up to you to handle the calculations for now.

Administrator

Post by abasbury » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:42 am

Great Job! Thanks for all your hard and very appreciated work! I am current using version 1.4.7 and plan on upgrading my store as soon as you release the download. Love many of the new additions!

I have a few questions:

1. Will the newest version make the postal code required? I went in and changed the name to zip code and made it required with the asterik on the verison I am using in my store.

2. As I was playing with the demo, I love that the product review tab can now be disabled. Can you remove the average rating on each product? or will it, not show if you disable review.....I am thinking this relates to the review....

3. Where you enabled a separate shipping address.....I noticed the wording was just "address or your address"....I think, or hope I can go in and change that to say......" Ship this order to" if they select that option to add an alternative address. For me as a former Corporate Manager, I know clarity saves so MUCH time...when you are dealing with the public......:)

These are very small things....I am just sharing...so everyone else will be aware......this software is OUTSTANDING!!!!!! I have used a few open source softwares and this one has me hooked!

Best regards,
A. Cee
http://www.busteranneoutlet.com

Post by vkaltchev » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:16 am

Qphoria wrote:
vkaltchev wrote:Such an impressive list of improvements; congratulations!

Valentina
Free shipping per product has always been there. Its called "Requires Shipping". Set it to "no" if you don't want to charge shipping on that item.
I tried it; however, in combination with Zone Shipping Plus (based on order subtotal) for the rest of the products it still adds the cost of the free shipping product to the order subtotal...but doesn't add the sales tax.

I don't know if it's technically possible to have an addon module for free shipping based on product SKU and to work with any other type of shipping rate for the rest of the products? (what a wish list, eh?)

Cheers, Valentina

Post by ifyouseek » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:53 am

hey looks good,one or two things i notice need looked at-

-in the guest checkout, step 2, title says 'Thank you for shopping with %s .... ' (there is a store name in admin)

-The customer name filter in the orders in admin is cAsE sensitive, its very annoying, please please fix this 1

Apart from these small things its great. Hope you get time to look into these(mainly the second one!)

Thanks

Post by allenshea » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:59 am

Can we have the same ID of "Order ID" and "Invoice ID", So far it is hardly find the Order when my client only tell me the "Invoice ID". Thanks!

Allen

I know nothing about PHP and SQL, but I still try my best to understand it.

Post by i2Paq » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:28 pm

allenshea wrote:Can we have the same ID of "Order ID" and "Invoice ID", So far it is hardly find the Order when my client only tell me the "Invoice ID". Thanks!

Allen
I agreed, it would be convenient to be able to search on Invoice-ID.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by twiggy » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:18 pm

Q grate work as always.

Any ETA on the new version?

Post by Qphoria » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:36 am

Well no you can't have the same id for order and invoice as they are 2 separate things. But yes invoice search is a good idea

Administrator

Post by allenshea » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:46 pm

Qphoria wrote:Well no you can't have the same id for order and invoice as they are 2 separate things. But yes invoice search is a good idea

I prefer to remove the db of INVOICE ID. Invoice Prefix + Order ID, I call this INVOICE ID.
Invoice Prefix (OC10DE0604) + Order ID (406) = INVOICE ID (OC10DE0604406)
So far I have to change the AUTO_INCREMENT by hand to match INVOICE ID and ORDER ID in phpMyAdmin, sometimes this is a pain.

This is only my idea, but since the OC is for everyone, it's your call to make the final.

Thanks

Allen

I know nothing about PHP and SQL, but I still try my best to understand it.

Post by fatpora01 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:37 pm

using Google chrome, when you add to cart it doesn't add it the same way as 1.4.8 where it takes the image and like slides across the screen, any reason for this removal or is it chrome? + What about adding an option when the customer wants to apply for an account they can choose to be one of the customer groups for approval?

Post by JAY6390 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:18 pm

I've read it somewhere (might even be on this thread) that the AJAX removal is to stop people adding to cart when they are already in the checkout process, or something like that. It has been discussed, and you aren't alone with this

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom