Post by nhpiash » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:12 pm

hi all!
when i creating new product and put some text in product description area ... it is saving as a new product.
but problem is while i put more than 5000 words( or coping from word file with more then 5000+ word ) in product description area its not saving & redirecting to "The page you requested cannot be found!"
is that any word limitation on summernote editor or it a bug!!!!!!
please help me how to solve it!!!!! please

thanks - nhpiash

Post by straightlight » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:57 pm

nhpiash wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:12 pm
hi all!
when i creating new product and put some text in product description area ... it is saving as a new product.
but problem is while i put more than 5000 words( or coping from word file with more then 5000+ word ) in product description area its not saving & redirecting to "The page you requested cannot be found!"
is that any word limitation on summernote editor or it a bug!!!!!!
please help me how to solve it!!!!! please

thanks - nhpiash
Not a bug, user error. php.ini max size value needs to be increased.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

F. Rules:

- viewtopic.php?f=176&t=200480
- viewtopic.php?f=176&t=200804

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by ocmta » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:06 pm

It might as well be a bug (or intentional limit set by openCart developers), because description field in product_description table is TEXT type, and TEXT has max size limit of 64K. Anyway, you could try to change type of description field in product_description table to MEDIUMTEXT and see if that helps. post_max_size in php.ini is very rarely (or maybe never) that low.

Extensions for affiliates (openCart 1, 2, 3):
Advanced Multi Level Affiliate System
Customer and Affiliate Accounts Combined into one Account
Affiliate Tracking with Coupons
Discount for Referred Customers - Order Total
Type Tracking Code
Mass Pay
Affiliate Transactions for openCart 3
Affiliate Pack X - all modules with 40% discount

Post by nhpiash » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:50 pm

hello friends,
thanks for your feedback.
i change php.ini file & also description field type mediumtext ... but not working
but it working while i insert data using phpmyadmin panel... after that when i edit it from admin page like text bold, line break , etc ...and when save it .... its again redirecting to "The page you requested cannot be found!"------

when data is less then 5000 charterer saving perfectly!!!!!!
its a mysterious attitude..... i thing its bug!! any solution please

Post by straightlight » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:25 pm

its again redirecting to "The page you requested cannot be found!"------
Error / server access logs required for these actions. Forum rules.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

F. Rules:

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by nhpiash » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:05 am

dear straightlight,
thank for you suggestion..... bro it is not extension. its oc core codding problem. the problem on summernote editor. so please give me the proper suggestion.
i am trying to save large text on product description field to add new product....but its not saving--- so main problem on between oc and summernote editor.

please give me the solution ... i am suffering on it... i try on oc2 & oc3 but same result.

i thing summernote editor is not working properly

thanks-nhpiash

Post by straightlight » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:59 am

If you believe this issue is related to the summernote feature, let's test the following.

In your admin/controller/catalog/product.php file,

find:

Code: Select all

$this->model_catalog_product->editProduct($this->request->get['product_id'], $this->request->post);
add right above:

Code: Select all

echo "<pre />\n";
print_r($this->request->post);
echo "</pre>\n";
exit;
Then, save changes. Go back to your admin catalog products page and select a product. Edit your product description again and see if the array returns partial results from the 'description' key.

F. Rules:

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON