Post by kjo » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:20 pm

Hi, I wanted to know if it was possible to restrict a customer to only be able to checkout and the my account pages exclusively.
Meaning I create a custom order and send it to them.

Then they just check out and they will be able to view their old purchases and change credit card info from the "my account" page.

kjo

Post by synapseindia » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:51 pm

You have to customize the Opencart to achieve the same.
You can create an extension based Opencart standard so that it will not impact on core files.

Basic to create -
1) You have to create a module where you can list the customer and block their access go to checkout. (to use only my account).
2) Prevent customers to go to checkout if customer id exist in block access.
3) Create a panel in order history (Frontend) where customer can enter their card information for the order ( order - which has been created from admin).

Thanks

Post by Johnathan » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:52 pm

You might be able to get the payment-side functionality of this using Collect Payment Later. That would let you create an order in the admin, and then send the customer a link for payment. Once they paid, the order would be completed from the payment method as usual.

For restricting the front-end to the account pages only, what you could do is use either disable the controller files for all other pages (by renaming all the files in /catalog/controller/ except the ones in the /account/ sub-directory) or you could use something like Redirect Manager to redirect other pages to the account pages. You could also use Block Products and Pages if you wanted, though that would only block the pages, not redirect them.

Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any further questions.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by paulfeakins » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:31 pm

kjo wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:20 pm
Hi, I wanted to know if it was possible to restrict a customer to only be able to checkout and the my account pages exclusively.
Meaning I create a custom order and send it to them.

Then they just check out and they will be able to view their old purchases and change credit card info from the "my account" page.
Really this is quite custom so just find a developer to build something for you from the Commercial Support forum.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom