Post by eperez » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:13 am

Hello there,

I'm currently maintaining a custom WinForm application, for one of my customers, which was made by me and using .NET but it has an issue, which it's that any product registered through the WinApp, OpenCart can't read the new record anywhere, I mean, neither inside the admin frontpage nor final customer frontpage, even being the new record in the DB, but if I register new product through OpenCart, obviously it's included and OC can read it!.

I have already checked all fields in the DB and it seems to be everything okay. I have also tried updating OpenCart (from 2.3 to 3.0.1, all fine, don't worry ;D) and direct manipulating data from DB, and no results.

it's worth mentioning that the WinApp can read and manipulate the data (from DB) without troubles, even when the WinAPP updates the old product records, OpenCart can see the changes but still without reading the new ones by the WinAPP. OpenCart is not able to read new records registered by the WinAPP. Simply as that it casues headache. :drunk:

I have made a local enviroment: same OC version, same WinAPP version, etc. and all work fine, without issues!

I pray to god that you can assist me!
Many thanks in advance!

Post by straightlight » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:08 pm

Looks like a webservice decoding issue you might encounter while using the header, post, get or JSON encoding / decoding. Followed is a guide on how to properly handle those assets: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/414 ... pplication

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by eperez » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:40 am

straightlight wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:08 pm
Looks like a webservice decoding issue you might encounter while using the header, post, get or JSON encoding / decoding. Followed is a guide on how to properly handle those assets: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/414 ... pplication

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I could solve the issue, which was an enviroment variable. In the client side, the user never chose the language for the product and the default language doesn't exist. So when the record was inserted it took the default language but surprise! no default language there. All errors corrected.