Post by lukeketchum1 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:21 pm

Hey guys

I use opencart 3, I need to be able to edit / filter through products more quickly

At the moment the filter needs the exact phrase or at least the first few lines of it to filter down to those products and allow me to edit them. I want to be able to type in 'Example Words' and a list of all products with 'Example Words' at some point in their title will then be displayed.

I would also like to be able to sort the list of 'products' from the admin panel by most recent (to be honest, that would be nice sorting option in the user side of the shop too)

Is there any way I can enable this functionality? it would help me a huge, huge amount and save so much time.

Any help appreciated
Thanks
Luke

Post by rjcalifornia » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:20 am

lukeketchum1 wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:21 pm
Hey guys

I use opencart 3, I need to be able to edit / filter through products more quickly

At the moment the filter needs the exact phrase or at least the first few lines of it to filter down to those products and allow me to edit them. I want to be able to type in 'Example Words' and a list of all products with 'Example Words' at some point in their title will then be displayed.

I would also like to be able to sort the list of 'products' from the admin panel by most recent (to be honest, that would be nice sorting option in the user side of the shop too)

Is there any way I can enable this functionality? it would help me a huge, huge amount and save so much time.

Any help appreciated
Thanks
Luke
There are ways to enable that functionality, however those are not free:

Location - Worldwide

Post by Johnathan » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:39 pm

OpenCart Admin Improvements includes a small improvement to the product search, so it doesn't require the beginning of the product name to find it. It does still do a search for the whole phrase you enter, though. If you need that, Smart Search Pro can do that, and lets you search on a variety of other fields, just like you can with it on the front-end.

Smart Search Pro does let you choose how products are sorted on the front-end, though the OpenCart admin overrides that by always ordering by name. However, I could give you an edit that would order the products by recently added by default, so that you could get that feature as well.

Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any further questions.

Image Image Image Image

Global Moderator