Post by vtoshev » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:09 pm

Hello,

When I go to Reports - Sales - Orders and select any kind of period the total amount of Orders that I made is including the shipping cost for the order. For example if there is one order for 20 USD and it had 5 USD of shipping the total amount displayed in the Orders section is 25 instead of 20. I want to see the amount of the orders and I am not interested in the shipping cost. Is this build in functionality or a configuration that can be made? I searched for any related topics and/or extensions that modify this behavior of the Orders Report but I cannot find anything. I don't need Orders Report Extension with many functions that I will not use.

If anyone can help I will appreciate it.

Regards,
Viktor

Post by straightlight » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:15 pm

This functionality is built-in as per the extension installations and enabled in accordance of your preferences from the OC admin extensions page.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by vtoshev » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:20 pm

Hello straightlight,

Thank you for your response, can you let me know where this is configured, I checked the different types of the "build in" opencart extensions but I am unable to find where this is configured. Thank you for your time and effort!

Regards,
Viktor

Post by straightlight » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:57 pm

Admin - > extensions - > extensions page (dropdown)

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by vtoshev » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:46 pm

Hello,

I know where the extensions are located but I don't know which extension is used to configure the reports section of Opencart. Can you let me know which is the specific extension.

Thanks,
Viktor

Post by straightlight » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:35 pm

Reports section is a bit vague. Are you referring to the admin dashboard or from the admin - > reports page?

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by vtoshev » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:07 pm

Hello,

I have attached a screenshot from a demo store. I am using opencart 2.3. When I go to Reports -> Sales -> Orders and select for example all orders for today I want the Total amount not to include the Shipping Price. For example if I have one order for today for 20USD and the customer paid 5USD for shipping in the Total section in the report it is displayed 25 USD instead of 20 USD which is the amount including the shipping cost. Since the client is paying for the shipping in most cases I am really not interested in the amount with the shipping. I just really need to know how much money I have made for the day, week, month, year etc, I wonder why it must be so difficult with Opencart sometimes for just simple simple things like editing an order but this is a different subject.

Anyway if you can let me know if this is configurable or I need some fix or extension I would greatly appreciate it.

Regards,
Viktor

Post by vtoshev » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:09 pm

Attaching screenshot.

Attachments

reports.png

reports.png (49.83 KiB) Viewed 2491 times

Post by straightlight » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:00 pm

By doing that, the shipping address would still need to be gathered per every total which means each totals would become unique in their own rows in the report results since the shipping quote requires the shipping address in order to subtract its total quote with the order total amount. In addition, there are also shipping providers charging for capturing quotes during an event which means every time you'd like to know how much deduction these quotes have been made from the order total amount from your reports, you could still be charged.

As an alternative on showing each address per every rows, it would need to be filtered.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON