Post by lukeketchum1 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:33 pm

Hi all,

I am looking to BCC all customer order confirmations to Trustpilot as part of their onboarding process. I see they link to various ecommerce platforms to have this done easily but unfortunately Opencart isn't one of them

I was wondering if someone could tell me how I can set it up so that Trustpilot are BCC'd on order confs.

I did google this and it had been asked before in like 2009, 2010 but the answers were several OC versions ago. I use the latest OC3.

Best regards

Luke

Post by OSWorX » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:21 pm

lukeketchum1 wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:33 pm
Hi all,

I am looking to BCC all customer order confirmations to Trustpilot as part of their onboarding process. I see they link to various ecommerce platforms to have this done easily but unfortunately Opencart isn't one of them

I was wondering if someone could tell me how I can set it up so that Trustpilot are BCC'd on order confs.

I did google this and it had been asked before in like 2009, 2010 but the answers were several OC versions ago. I use the latest OC3.
1. are you sure that want to send personal data to someone else > see GDPR
2. it is easy to do, but ask such in the commercial forum here, guess nobody will do that for free (if)

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by lukeketchum1 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:28 pm

Thanks for your reply.
I have actually already asked that question to Trustpilot, but as trustpilot are pretty huge I'm sure they'd not ask people to do that as part of the onboarding process if it violated GDPR? none the less, it'll be interesting to see what their response is.

Post by OSWorX » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:40 pm

lukeketchum1 wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:28 pm
Thanks for your reply.
I have actually already asked that question to Trustpilot, but as trustpilot are pretty huge I'm sure they'd not ask people to do that as part of the onboarding process if it violated GDPR? none the less, it'll be interesting to see what their response is.
Well, you can (no matter to whom you may send personal data) IF you have the customers consent for.
If not, you are not allowed, because there is no 'special' interest from none.

The more, Trustpilot is 'only' a service for ratings, and they should need only the email and name of the customer (and both are personal data again > consent requried) and not the whole order data.
So sending only the order bcc is a overkill ..

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by lukeketchum1 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:24 pm

You are right, perhaps best I do it manually and reflect something in privacy policy to say that email address might be shared specifically with trustpilot in order to request feedback/review on something previously purchased?

Post by OSWorX » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:32 pm

lukeketchum1 wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:24 pm
You are right, perhaps best I do it manually and reflect something in privacy policy to say that email address might be shared specifically with trustpilot in order to request feedback/review on something previously purchased?
The issue is, customer has to agree with that practice - if you have no consent, and the customer or your business is located int he EC, your are not allowed to share personal data.
I have made some extension for services like that, and with all we to add such handling.
If the customer does not want to make reviews (and therefore share his data), no data can be send to the service (or is allowed).

But Trustpilot has a API, better as a email bcc (sharing personal data still need consent).

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by lukeketchum1 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:09 pm

I will be sure to add it in privacy policy and terms and conditions that I might personally mail them some sort of template review request at some point rather than go with Trustpilot (who I have since found to be aggressive and unhelpful I might add).

For anyone who is interested this is what Trustpilot replied to my question ref how they work with GDPR. So yeah I guess it is entirely based on what you have in your terms and people agree to on purchase.
-----------------
So as long as it is in your terms and conditions it is fine to use our service. We act as a data processor: https://support.trustpilot.com/hc/en-us ... ontroller-

You can also read more about our data policy here: https://support.trustpilot.com/hc/en-us ... your-data-
---------------

Post by paulfeakins » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:25 pm

OSWorX wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:21 pm
1. are you sure that want to send personal data to someone else > see GDPR
I think the R in GDPR stands for "Rubbish", I'm glad we're leaving the EU and it's bureaucratic rubbish like GDPR and the kooky Cookie Law.

OSWorX wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:21 pm
2. it is easy to do, but ask such in the commercial forum here, guess nobody will do that for free (if)
Well here it is for free:
viewtopic.php?t=427

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by lukeketchum1 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:43 pm

Paul, agreed and me too.

Nice! Thank you. I may see what one of the other "Online Review" sites are like then and make sure I have it clearly represented in my terms

Post by OSWorX » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:08 pm

paulfeakins wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:25 pm
.. kooky Cookie Law ..
The 'Cookie Law' is/was a 'Directive' of the EC, but the UK made it complicated.

> Never hold back leaving parties .. <

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by ADD Creative » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:50 pm

The UK law is just derived from the EU Directive. It's no different to the implementation in many other EU countries.

https://cookiepedia.co.uk/cookie-laws-across-europe

If fact some countries have more complicated version of the law, the Netherlands for example.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom