Post by Maksym Gerashchenko » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:28 am

Hi everyone,

i'm running a shop on base of OpenCart 3.0.2.0.

my default language is Russian
other languages are English and Ukrainian.

my default currency is USD. My imported goods are purchased in USD and I depend a lot on import prices.
Local currency UAH doesn't have a stable rate so my sales price in UAH is updated based on currency rate.

I need your advice on two topics.

1/
How do I make UAH a basic currency in frontend. I want my customers to see prices in UAH by default while visiting web-site.
Now they see USD prices by default and can see UAH prices only when they manually switch currency.
It's very irritating to explain that USD prices are only for general information.

2/
I have some orders placed in USD.
But we are selling goods in UAH. When I modify the order and select UAH i receive and email with order confirmation again in USD.
I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Thank you kindly for your comments.

Nice greetings,
Max

Post by IP_CAM » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:05 pm

Well, the DEFAULT Currency is beeing set in the admin/system/local Setting.
Ernie
---

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by Maksym Gerashchenko » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:04 pm

Thank you.
But if i set default currency from USD to UAH i will loose automatic recalculation of price from USD ---> UAH in case USD/UAH exchange rate changes.
I need to have UAH main currency in frontend.

Post by kestas » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:07 pm

You need leave default currency USD like is. Change only your local currency in System->Settings edit your shop, click Local tab and there set your shop default currency. After that you should clear all cookies and the cache of your browser.

Cheers

Custom OpenCart modules and solutions. You can write PM with additional questions... Extensions you can find here

Post by Maksym Gerashchenko » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:53 pm

I tried this following your advice.
Now I see prices in UAH the web-site but it's not recalculated based on USD (rather a USD price with UAH symbol).
Also after changing this option I see that default currency in UAH now.

Post by kestas » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:18 pm

Maksym Gerashchenko wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:53 pm
I tried this following your advice.
Now I see prices in UAH the web-site but it's not recalculated based on USD (rather a USD price with UAH symbol).
Also after changing this option I see that default currency in UAH now.
Yes you are right, it is not good if your products prices are in USD. So maybe try this free module: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=19640
@thekrotek will not be angry for promoting his module I hope... ;)

Cheers

Custom OpenCart modules and solutions. You can write PM with additional questions... Extensions you can find here

Post by ostechnologies » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:07 pm

1/
To change a default currency, navigate to System > Settings. Click the Edit button and select the Local tab. From Currency field choose any currency you want to set as default and hit save.

To recalculate the price based on USD, navigate to System->Localisation->Currencies. Click Edit you UAH currency and in value field put the value of 1UAH compared to 1USD, then hit save and give it a try.

Note: Do not forget to clear the opencart cache as well as your browser’s cache to reflect the changes.

2/
If you will change the default currency to UAH then there is no need for you to change the order amount in UAH since it will already be in UAH by default.

Opencart Expert | sales[at]ost.agency
Skype - manish.osuniverse | Gtalk - manishmt

Extensions for Opencart @ https://www.ost.agency/product/product- ... extensions
ost.agency - ecommerce website design, development and digital company

Post by Maksym Gerashchenko » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:34 am

kestas wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:18 pm

Yes you are right, it is not good if your products prices are in USD. So maybe try this free module: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=19640
@thekrotek will not be angry for promoting his module I hope... ;)
Finally after installing this free module system seems to work fine for me.
I set prices is USD, shop is showing prices in UAH. However now default currency is UAH, but the prices are somehow recalculated.

Thank you,
Max