Post by mauprik » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:57 pm

Maybe I'm impatient, but I placed a support request for an extention (extention: "extra-email-setting-1-0.ocmod.zip" in OpenCart V3.0.2.0) via the support button on the extention page. I received a confirmation mail and my support request is placed on "support.OpenCart.com", but nobody seems to handle the request. How does that work? Is there anybody out there to help? Or is the extention dumpt...?

Has anyone in this forum any idea?
Last edited by mauprik on Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Location - The Hague, Netherlands

Post by OSWorX » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:38 pm

mauprik wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:57 pm
Maybe I'm impatient, but I placed a support request for an extention (extention: "extra-email-setting-1-0.ocmod.zip" in OpenCart V3.0.2.0) via the support button on the extention page. I received a confirmation mail and my support request is placed on "support.OpenCart.com", but nobody seems to handle the request. How does that work? Is there anybody out there to help? Or is the extention dumpt...?

Has anyone in this forum any idea?
You are not writing how long ago you have placed the support request?
Yesterday, last week, last month, last year??
Therefore not easy to answer, but it takes longer time until they react from the OpenCart support team.
Otherwise the developer itself should answer very quick (say, 1-2 days) - have you tried to contact him direct, the extension support is not the only way to get in contact (or should not be if the developer is serious!).

That seems to me again one of these cases, where someone unknown with only a Gmailadress is selling something and nobody knows who the guy is and where to reach.
So, better not to buy extensions and/or services from such persons.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by mauprik » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:22 pm

I've placed the support request on july 9th. The extention is a free one and it is developed by the OpenCart Community (see att. screenprint), so I thought there would be sufficient members in this community to give any kind of answer. Now I don't get any reaction, so I'm not sure of there is someone who even looked at the question. The develper itself is not mentioned, so can't be reched for an answer.

Attachments

srnprnt OpenCart extra mail extention.jpg

srnprnt OpenCart extra mail extention.jpg (258.66 KiB) Viewed 645 times

Post by Johnathan » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:00 pm

The developer is mentioned in the box at the bottom of the right-hand column: sarthakinfotech. The "Developed by OpenCart Community" text just means it's not an OpenCart partner, but a community member. (I agree it should say "member" at the end.)

That being said, I wouldn't expect any support for a free extension. Most developers will put them out there, but they aren't going to spend time and resources addressing support inquiries, because it costs them. It doesn't hurt to try and get in touch via the "Get Support" button, but I wouldn't expect too much since it's not a commercial extension.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by OSWorX » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:01 pm

mauprik wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:22 pm
I've placed the support request on july 9th. The extention is a free one and it is developed by the OpenCart Community (see att. screenprint), so I thought there would be sufficient members in this community to give any kind of answer. Now I don't get any reaction, so I'm not sure of there is someone who even looked at the question. The develper itself is not mentioned, so can't be reched for an answer.
1. https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=27770 (why a screenshot, have not all the time!)
2. Developer is sarthakinfotech (see at the right side of the extension, developed by the 'Community' maybe good for marketing, but not true)
3. the 9th is 2 days ago - it is a free extension (which does not mean a response within 24 hours, but sometime he should ..) - so what do you expect?
4. if you need faster response and not being able to do it by yourself, you can post a request at any time in the commercial section here: viewforum.php?f=88
5. or contact a developer direct
6. or wait until someone of the OC support or the developer himself as answering to your ticket

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by mauprik » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:23 pm

Thanks @Johnathan and @OSWorX for the reaction. So I have to look for another sollution. I've to figure it out myself and this fotum, because I have no budget, like I've figured it out till now (with help from this forum!).
For now I go on with figuring out the functionality of adding extra pages to my site in the left column menu...

Thanks for now.

Post by IP_CAM » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:11 am

Well, whatever you plan, just better do not overestimate the generosity of OC Forum
Members, regardless of, if you place Postings in your Language Section, or then here. And
a Newbie should NEVER mention, to have no funds, to eventually invest. Because this
way, who else should care about someone, just trying to get something done, without
the slightest Chance, to ever get anything back in return, not even a piece of useful
Code ... :crazy:
OC is a strictly commercial Project, not a common free attempt, to make the whole
world to be successfull Opencart Users, it's all about Competition too. Better be
aware of this, then, you'll never be disappointed, or just feel ignored, if no-one replies.
Good Luck, nothing personal! ;)
Ernie
---

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland