Post by SeanChiarot » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:18 am

After some work, (and assistance from iSense's Export module) we were able to bring all of our data from our highly out-dated 1.5.3.1 install to a 100% fresh install of 3.0.2.0
everything imported without issue (great) we copied our image folder over (and verified everything in place) how-ever images are still not showing...
Wondering if someone has an idea on what we can try here.

OC Version - As said in title & post above, it is 3.0.2.0
Theme - the Default one that comes with 3.0.2.0
Extension/Mods - the only one we installed that isn't there & active by default was the Export plugin & vqmod
Link to the website - http://webcart.solutionsit.ca *please take note, while we are developing this, it IS in maintenance mode the below screenshot shows what I mean by the images are missing tho.

Post by xxvirusxx » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:27 am

Possible wrong url`s images.

Stop maintenance mode 2 min...

Upgrade Service | OC 2.3.0.2 PHP 8 | My Custom OC 3.0.3.8 | Buy me a beer

Expert Member

Location - România

Post by kestas » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:37 am

SeanChiarot wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:18 am

everything imported without issue (great) we copied our image folder over (and verified everything in place) how-ever images are still not showing...
Try in admin dashboard Extensions-> Choose the extension type choose Themes->edit theme and re enable your theme once again.

Cheers

Custom OpenCart modules and solutions. You can write PM with additional questions... Extensions you can find here

Post by IP_CAM » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:04 am

OC v.1.5.x image Path:
image/data/...
OC v-2.x up image Path:
image/catalog/...

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by SeanChiarot » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:50 pm

xxvirusxx wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:27 am
Possible wrong url`s images.
Stop maintenance mode 2 min...
Done.

---
kestas wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:37 am
SeanChiarot wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:18 am
Try in admin dashboard Extensions-> Choose the extension type choose Themes->edit theme and re enable your theme once again.
Cheers
No dice :( but thanks for the suggestion!

---
IP_CAM wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:04 am
OC v.1.5.x image Path:
image/data/...
OC v-2.x up image Path:
image/catalog/...
I've tried that :( the one thing I've taken note to tho, is on the old one (setup before I worked for this company) it looks like most if not all the images are in image/cache/ (I've also duplicated this in our new install with zero dice... & before its asked, I even copied all the images from the old image/cache/ to the image/catalog/ and no dice there either :( )

I do appreciate the suggestions tho!

Post by sw!tch » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:25 pm

You need to make sure your config is correct. If your image path is wrong it will cause this issue.

1. In your config file

Code: Select all

define('DIR_IMAGE', '/home/path/to/dir/image/');  
^ This is your path to the image directory, this needs to be correct.

2. In the database under product_image, look at the image column, this is your path FROM the image directory to the image. So you want to make sure your folder structure in image matches up with the image column.

(e.g catalog/demo/canon_eos_5d_2.jpg )

Full Stack Web Developer :: Send a PM for Custom Work.
Backup and learn how to recover before you make any changes!

Post by kestas » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:25 pm

After all (if all was made correctly) you should go to admin dashboard Extensions/Modifications and refresh modifications. Than go to admin main dashboard and use blue gear icon in the right upper corner to clear all cache of your OC. Than clear all your browser cache and cookies.
In OC 3.0.x this operation should be made always after you made your OC modifications.

Cheers

Custom OpenCart modules and solutions. You can write PM with additional questions... Extensions you can find here

Post by SeanChiarot » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:22 pm

sw!tch wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:25 pm
You need to make sure your config is correct. If your image path is wrong it will cause this issue.
1. In your config file

Code: Select all

define('DIR_IMAGE', '/home/path/to/dir/image/');  
^ This is your path to the image directory, this needs to be correct.
2. In the database under product_image, look at the image column, this is your path FROM the image directory to the image. So you want to make sure your folder structure in image matches up with the image column.
(e.g catalog/demo/canon_eos_5d_2.jpg )
Hmmm, I wonder if that is the issue then...
Our config shows
'/home/sitadmin/public_html/webcart/image/'

How-ever under the table 'product' I see a column titled 'image' and it has the path of (for example) 'supreme/73035-00.JPG'
But when I go under the table 'product_image' there are only two things in here and only two things.

This gives me something to go on for sure, now to just do a export and remake a table and I *think* (knocks on wood) I should be good right?

Post by xxvirusxx » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:23 pm

Replace data/ with catalog/

Upgrade Service | OC 2.3.0.2 PHP 8 | My Custom OC 3.0.3.8 | Buy me a beer

Expert Member

Location - România

Post by SeanChiarot » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:14 am

Done and no dice (even after a force refresh & viewing on a different PC)

Hmmm on a side note, I did add something just now, and nothing new was added to the 'product_image' table...

But I DID manage to figure it out, I needed to modify the 'supreme' to say 'catalog'

Thanks for all your assistance guys! (I just modified a few, but so far its looking great!) appreciate all the assistance :)