Post by 92869 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:30 pm

Started a new site, this time using 3.0 for the first time. The phone number is not appearing at the top of the page. Have tried everything I know to do but still does not appear. I would think this is a default setting as it shows in my other sites (using earlier versions of OC).

Post by straightlight » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:30 pm

Ensure to follow this step after making any modifications: viewtopic.php?f=176&p=725084#p718325 and that the phone number has indeed been added into your header.php and header.twig files.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by RobertE » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:40 am

I too would like to see my phone number at the top right corner of the grey menu bar from the default store.
I’m using a fresh install of ver 3.x that I reinstalled 2 days ago and I seem to recall seeing a picture or demo where it shows the phone receiver pic and then a phone number next to it.
I updated the phone number in a second copy of the cart I have installed in a separate folder and went through the refresh steps given in this post but I can’t get it to show the number on the menu bar.
I tried to attach a screenshot but haven’t figured out how to do that yet on my iPad.

Location - St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada

Post by straightlight » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:27 am

In your catalog/view/theme/<your_theme>/template/common/header.twig file, simply use:

Code: Select all

{% if telephone %}
{{ telephone }}
{% endif %}
At your preferred location in the file.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by hpwd » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:14 am

if you want to hard code, just write the phone number in catalog/view/theme/<your_theme>/template/common/header.twig or if you want to use OCMOD, just make the XML and make operation in catalog/view/theme/<your_theme>/template/common/header.twig.

Hard code is the easiest way

HP Web Design
OpenCart Indonesia | Toko Online OpenCart