Post by defcon6 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:37 pm

Hello,
This is my first OpenCart installation and I have encountered a problem. The frontend menu shows products from a fresh installation. I read that these can be found in the backend under categories and products. But I have no products or images showing in the backend? I thought that when I installed OpenCart that there where images here? I do have two languages installed eng and NL. Have I changed something that has hidden these product images or an I looking in the wrong place ;-(

Thanks,
Stephen

Post by sw!tch » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:56 am

check your admin/config.php path see if the DIR_IMAGE is set correct, you can compare it to the catalog/config.php

Code: Select all

define('DIR_IMAGE', 'your/path/to/upload/image');
Edit -- actually not sure why you don't have actual products in the backend. The above would be to check for missing images.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Send a PM for Custom Work.
Backup and learn how to recover before you make any changes!

Post by defcon6 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:00 pm

Thanks Switch for your reply. That seems ok: define('DIR_IMAGE', 'your/path/to/public_html/winkel/image/'); It's where it should be in Public /Winkel = Dutch for shop and then the image folder!
If I make a new category and add a new product it seems to be ok, it's just that the default stuff is not viewable in the backend? So I'll just add new stuff and see how it goes. Just seems like a lot of work for a newbie.

Update... I found it. I was wondering why I also could not find modules in the backend, but I see that I had un-enabled them in the Extension list when adding Google analytics code. For some reason I had un enabled them? I re enabled it and all the images are back in the backend as well as the Module component.