Post by Yanden » Wed May 23, 2018 9:08 am

Hi all, was wondering if I could get some help with this. When trying to look at some products in my store, I am getting the error below

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 7680 bytes) in /home/makcor5/public_html/domains/kaosgames/system/library/image.php on line 105
Can anyone please let me know how to fix this? It's only happening with the newest items I've put up. Any help would be appreciated, thank you for your time. :)

Post by yodapt » Wed May 23, 2018 9:37 am

Check your hosting panel if you are running out of storage space. If not, contact your hosting company because the shared service you bought is running out of storage space.

Opencart Developer - My Extension Showcase
Contact me at aeon.yoda@gmail.com

Post by Yanden » Wed May 23, 2018 9:46 am

My hosting is unlimited and I'm only using 1.9gb of disk space so far, I'll ask them but seems a bit unlikely it's them, it's only happening on the newest products I put in, not all the old ones, the old ones load without the error.

Post by Yanden » Wed May 23, 2018 9:59 am

getting the host to raise the memory limit on the server, that should do it. Thanks for the help. :)

Post by IP_CAM » Wed May 23, 2018 12:33 pm

in both OC and ADMIN PHP.INI Files:
magic_quotes_gpc = Off;
register_globals = Off;
default_charset = UTF-8;
memory_limit = 64M;
change to:
memory_limit = 640M;

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by yodapt » Wed May 23, 2018 12:36 pm

IP_CAM wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 12:33 pm
in both OC and ADMIN PHP.INI Files:
magic_quotes_gpc = Off;
register_globals = Off;
default_charset = UTF-8;
memory_limit = 64M;
change to:
memory_limit = 640M;
That affects the memory that PHP can use, not the physical memory of the hosting service.

Opencart Developer - My Extension Showcase
Contact me at aeon.yoda@gmail.com

Post by MrPhil » Wed May 23, 2018 8:38 pm

The original error message concerned virtual memory size, not disk storage amounts. It appears you were limited to 64MB, and managed to use it all up. Increasing your limit (larger than 64MB), as IP_CAM suggested, might get you past this roadblock, but your host may not allow 640MB of VM. Anyway, there remains the possibility that something in your code is chewing up VM and running out of it, as opposed to your simply running a big program that needs a bit more space. That could be in the base OC code, extensions you've added, or even in the server's own code.

Try increasing your VM limit to something more reasonable, like 128MB, and see if you still run out of memory. If you do, there must be a "memory leak" somewhere that needs to be dealt with (in code). Your host's technical support should be able to help you determine which side of the fence it's on. If it's something you're running, first make sure your OC code and extensions are up to date. Then you may have to start removing extensions one-by-one to see when the problem stops, and thus which one is responsible.

Post by victorj » Thu May 24, 2018 7:14 pm

Taken a close look at the error.
IT uses to Much ram memorie when handeling the image.
Try resising the picture soundtrack dimensions are same as displayed on your website about 900 x 900 pix.
Reupload image and problemen should be gone.
You also van increase mem limit to 128 MB which is a better value anyway.

Koeltechnische deurrubbers eenvoudig online op maat bestellen.
Alle niet stekplichtige onderdelen zoals scharnieren, sloten, randverwarming en verlichting voor alle typen koelingen en vriezers.
https://koelcel-onderdelen.com

Expert Member

Location - Alkmaar Holland