Post by mza1979m » Mon May 14, 2018 6:10 am

I have a couple issues with reward points:
1. I have a certain number of points associated with a certain product. Let's say 500 points. I have an "Option" setup for this product that when selected, increases the points by 50. If a customer tries to add this product to the card with this 50 point option, I would imagine they should see 550 reward points during checkout, but it doesn't seem to update and stays at 500 right up until checkout is complete. This is not a guest account. I registered a test account to try it out.

2. Even worse, the points aren't given to the customer at all. So after the order is completed and the money has been transferred, clicking "Reward Points" under my account displays "Your shopping cart is empty!", and does not show an accumulation of points.

Post by grgr » Sun May 20, 2018 3:14 pm

In don't know but I think that you might have your logic wrong here.

The 500 points is the number of points required to buy the item. The additional 50 on the option adds to this baseline amount of 500 to become 550 points required to buy the item.

Each product has two reward point amounts - the amount to buy the product and the amount they receive for buying a product.

If customer has an account and have accumulated enough points then they can buy the product just with the points.
If the customer has an account then once the purchase has been made, you update the order in the admin and add the points to the customers account.

-
Image Image Image Image
VIEW ALL EXTENSIONS * EXTENSION SUPPORT * WEBSITE * CUSTOM REQUESTS

Location - UK

Post by mza1979m » Mon May 21, 2018 10:47 pm

grgr wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 3:14 pm
In don't know but I think that you might have your logic wrong here.

The 500 points is the number of points required to buy the item. The additional 50 on the option adds to this baseline amount of 500 to become 550 points required to buy the item.

Each product has two reward point amounts - the amount to buy the product and the amount they receive for buying a product.

If customer has an account and have accumulated enough points then they can buy the product just with the points.
If the customer has an account then once the purchase has been made, you update the order in the admin and add the points to the customers account.
First of all, thank you for taking the time to respond.
Everything you have mentioned is exactly how I perceived it. Right up until the very end, where you said I update the order in the admin and add the points to the customer's account... Are you saying that this is an entirely manual process? For every purchase I have to manually add the points? This seems incredibly counterproductive! This would be a full time job; just adding points for every single purchase. Automating the process can easily be implemented by Opencart.

Post by yodapt » Tue May 22, 2018 1:07 am

How would you determine when to add those points? Order statuses differ from store to store, it would have to be a setting to assign those points to a order status change once it happens, and some control not to have unexpected behaviours.

Opencart Developer - My Extension Showcase
Contact me at aeon.yoda@gmail.com

Post by mza1979m » Tue May 22, 2018 5:27 am

Quite easily I would imagine... Once the customer pays and the order is complete, then the points are assigned.

Post by grgr » Thu May 31, 2018 4:04 pm

That doesn't work for everyone.

Also, you normally have to go into the order to view it, print it etc. It's just one button to click.

There are however extensions available that will auto add the points.

-
Image Image Image Image
VIEW ALL EXTENSIONS * EXTENSION SUPPORT * WEBSITE * CUSTOM REQUESTS

Location - UK

Post by mza1979m » Thu May 31, 2018 7:36 pm

Good to know, thanks!