Post by saregas » Tue May 15, 2018 4:35 pm

Hello,

I would like to post about the assistance we had from the Opencart support when we contacted them via the Opencart Contact page. I am actually shocked how can a person behave this way while providing a support. Here are some screenshots where you can see what one of the Opencart Support did for us:
http://prntscr.com/ji194l
http://prntscr.com/ji1azq

Code: Select all

Someone	
Someone (OpenCart)

May 14, 18:09 HKT

Dear Admin,

Your server times out again. Whenever I want to try on your server it will times out after a few tries. If I switch to another client it works initially, but again times out after a few tries.

I can't help you further because I can't even connect to your server using all my available resources. Please tell your hosting the problem of time out.

OpenCart Support
OpenCart Support

Admin	
Admin

May 14, 17:59 HKT

Hello,

Thank you for that. The FTP account has been pointed to demo2.

The credentials for the admin panel in demo2 are:

Username: 

Password: 

Someone	
Someone (OpenCart)

May 14, 17:50 HKT

Done,

Please give me an FTP for demo2.goinfancy.com

OpenCart Support
OpenCart Support
Admin	
Admin

May 14, 17:43 HKT

Hello,

Please revert all changes which you have done so far to demo.goinfancy.com before we point the FTP account to the new directory.

Someone	
Someone (OpenCart)

May 14, 17:39 HKT

Dear Admin,

Your given FTP does not correspond to the site for demo2.goinfancy.com , could you please double check if you are accessing the correct web site?

OpenCart Support
OpenCart Support

Admin	
Admin

May 14, 17:13 HKT

Hello,

Do you mind if you make any further tests to our dev version of the site, since we will be showing the main version to our clients. The URL for the dev is:

We will redirect the FTP to the dev site so the FTP credentials will remain the same. Could you please revert any changes which you have made to *?

Also what should we ask our hosting provider to check on their end?

Someone	
Someone (OpenCart)

May 14, 16:26 HKT

Dear Admin,

This is mostly the same when I have done it twice:

1. enter the admin and test the mail option
 - It pops out not found along with apache generated message
2. Modify the mail controller code and add a debug message at the top of the controller
- The message does not show, which indicate the request is not routed to the controller
3. After I have opened the mail setting page, I modify index.php (the entry point of the app) such that it shows a message and dies immediately.
- The message shows, but the HTTP status is freaking 403!!!!! I haven't added any thing which will interfere the header
4. I moved .htaccess to .htaccess.bak because I am checking if it is interfering the request
- After moving it, all request to the server, including FTP and HTTP, times out.

OpenCart Support
OpenCart Support

Admin	
Admin

May 14, 15:46 HKT

Hello,

That sounds very serious. Can you tell us what exactly are you doing so we can replicate it and notify our hosting provider so they can check this on their end?

Someone	
Someone (OpenCart)

May 14, 15:42 HKT

Dear Admin,

I suspect that your server may be infected with malware. I first modified your index.php to die immediately, but it generate HTTP 403 before the intended message pops out, I then try to remove your .htaccess and the server times out again.

OpenCart Support
OpenCart Support

Admin	
Admin

May 14, 15:04 HKT

Hello,

We apologize for that. Here are the updated credentials.

username: 

password: 

hostname: 

Someone	
Someone (OpenCart)

May 14, 09:51 HKT

Dear Admin,

Your given FTP credentials are also no longer working.

OpenCart Support
OpenCart Support

Admin	
Admin

May 11, 20:22 HKT

Hello,

We were required to change the credentials for our admin panel for security reasons. Here are temporary credentials for the opencart admin panel which you can use:

Username: 

Password: 

Sent from Mail (https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986) for Windows 10

Someone	
Someone (OpenCart)

May 10, 09:54 HKT

Dear admin,

Your given admin credentials are wrong.

OpenCart Support
OpenCart Support

Admin	
Admin

May 9, 22:48 HKT

Hello,

We have not made any changes since yesterday when we have to restore a backup of our opencart. As of now the site is loading without any issues:

Are you still having troubles accessing our site? Also do you need any kind of FTP or opencart admin panel access?

Someone	
Someone (OpenCart)

May 9, 09:41 HKT

Dear Admin,

I can no longer connect to your demo.goinfancy.com . The connection always times out.

OpenCart Support
OpenCart Support

Someone	
Someone (OpenCart)

May 7, 14:09 HKT

Dear Admin,

I have found some PHP syntax errors and 404 not found errors in your theme743. Could you try using the default theme first?

OpenCart Support
OpenCart Support

Someone	
Someone (OpenCart)

May 7, 09:49 HKT

Dear Admin,

These 2 are the access logs, but I need the error logs for investigation.

OpenCart Support
OpenCart Support

Someone	
Someone (OpenCart)

May 4, 16:50 HKT

Dear Admin,

Could you please attach your PHP and apache logs for investigation?

OpenCart Support
OpenCart Support

Admin	
Admin

May 4, 16:14 HKT

Hello,

We are contacting you regarding a thread which we have created in the forum but no solution has been provided there so far:
https://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=190&t=203967

We are using Opencart 2.3 and we are trying to use the Marketing > Mail feature but its not sending emails. We were looking through the code but we were not able to find what exactly breaks the code. Please advice on how this can be fixed.
I have removed the person names who answered our names as this is not important to other users.

The screenshots above show what has been changed by the Opencart support on our DEV version of the site which we are creating. The same was done to our live site for which we had to ask twice for the changes to be reverted. I understand that the person is providing free support but the actions made are not normal. If the person simply did not want to help us or can't help us he just had to tell us and not "break" our site and type such content on our pages and leaving it there.

This is very bad customer experience. Nobody should receive that kind of support.

Hope that people will read this and think twice before providing access to Opencart support.

Post by yodapt » Tue May 15, 2018 5:06 pm

Unfortunelly many users feel your pain.

Opencart Developer - My Extension Showcase
Contact me at aeon.yoda@gmail.com

Post by IP_CAM » Wed May 16, 2018 10:50 am

Well, if your problem was about the 'Opencart 2.3 registration script', for 20 Bucks,
you could probably have avoided your problems in the first Place: :D
Hide Field At Register,Checkout Reg,Guest,Billing,Delivery
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=22795
---
But you're also talking about free Support, and I really wonder, if/that the official OC Support
would be doing such. It's not really their Job either, to support users for free, so, you possibly just
exeeded the free timeslot given. And it ended up in arguments, also under the aspect,
that your server seemengly had or has some problems to stay online, to start with.
So, it's hard to guess, who's to blame ... 8) ,
but it's not nice, to get such 'Code' on a site, that's for sure, wherever it came from.
Still, you would ONLY be a Customer, if you already bought something trough OC, otherways,
you're just a free Downloader, possibly expecting something for nothing, just be aware of this.
Good Luck! ;)
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by saregas » Wed May 16, 2018 8:48 pm

IP_CAM wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 10:50 am
Well, if your problem was about the 'Opencart 2.3 registration script', for 20 Bucks,
you could probably have avoided your problems in the first Place: :D
Hide Field At Register,Checkout Reg,Guest,Billing,Delivery
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=22795
I am not sure what this plugin has to do with the issue that the opencart 2.3 is failing to send a newsletter. If that is indeed the case I would love to know more on that matter and what is causing the issue at first place.
IP_CAM wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 10:50 am
---
But you're also talking about free Support, and I really wonder, if/that the official OC Support
would be doing such. It's not really their Job either, to support users for free, so, you possibly just
exeeded the free timeslot given. And it ended up in arguments, also under the aspect,
that your server seemengly had or has some problems to stay online, to start with.
So, it's hard to guess, who's to blame ... 8) ,
but it's not nice, to get such 'Code' on a site, that's for sure, wherever it came from.
Still, you would ONLY be a Customer, if you already bought something trough OC, otherways,
you're just a free Downloader, possibly expecting something for nothing, just be aware of this.
Good Luck! ;)
Ernie
I do understand that we are receiving free services and that OC Support is not obligated to provide us with free support. We did send them the email via the contact form on their site:
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... rt/contact

The emails which we receive come from "support@opencart.com" so we believe that this is indeed their official support email.

Regardless if the user is using paid or free services such behavior is highly unprofessional. If the free support was limited in simply providing you with X amount of hours free support that should have been mentioned and we could have come to an agreement (For example pay for a fix). Now that we already had a bad experienced I doubt that we will be considering such option.

I would love to even here the thoughts of OC on that. Maybe there is some logic explanation for this kind of behavior.

Post by IP_CAM » Thu May 17, 2018 1:20 am

Well, I just don't believe, that you really received support from the OC headquarters,
but rather from the fellow, creating an extension, you use. But you did not mention a
Name either, so, it's fully unclear yet, who sent you the replies. Exept, if the Boss would
have replied, he sometimes can get nasty ... ::)
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland